+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Query

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
1- for citizenship application passport copy pages with all endorsements since becoming PR is required or since we landed in Canada. Say we landed in November 2018 on work permit and became PR in January 2021. in this entire duration we went to USA for 5 times and to India once.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I suppose this is for a paper application. You need to give the pages of all passports that were valid during (part of?) your eligibility period, aka 5 years immediately before you send the application.
When you became a PR and when you landed in Canada doesn't matter much here. It's only about when you're applying.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks, so any stampings for period before 5 years should be ignored as those were submitted as part of PR process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks, so any stampings for period before 5 years should be ignored as those were submitted as part of PR process
The requirement is to provide color photocopy of all pages of the passports that were valid during the 5 years/eligibility period. The pages need to include bio pages, pages with stamps, exit/entry records, blank pages

“colour photocopy of all pages (valid or expired) of your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date”
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am sure not blank pages, that won’t serve any purpose
great thought.. the reason they for blank pages incase an applicant is using forged documents or if passport is damaged at certain pages...

You can see applicants have been asked by IRCC at the time of interviews to provide all page include blank ones as well..

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/request-for-passport-after-citizenship-test-from-outside-canada.784757/

And some other threads.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-error.777385/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-passport-after-citizenship-application-old-passport-not-available.745179/

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
If you have pages missing, IRCC has no way of finding out whether there are any stamps on them or not. All pages of all passports that were valid during EP.
thanks, this clarifies

as this is different from PR process where we just sent endorsed pages

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
One more query, any ideas why application for citizenship in pdf does not open up Form CIT 002. Is shows error pdf viewer not able to view documents

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
One more query, any ideas why application for citizenship in pdf does not open up Form CIT 002. Is shows error pdf viewer not able to view documents
Try using a different browser. Most forms didn't work for me via Safari. Someone suggested to use Chrome.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Try using a different browser. Most forms didn't work for me via Safari. Someone suggested to use Chrome.
I did chrome, explorer, Ms edge. Is it ok if we download form as pdf and fill as it opens upon downloading

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone, in address history for 5 years say I went to home country for 1.5 months so I should be including address of my home , is that correct. this will be consistent with my travel out of Canada

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone, in address history for 5 years say I went to home country for 1.5 months so I should be including address of my home , is that correct. this will be consistent with my travel out of Canada
That's not needed as its address history and not travel history. Include all address which were your place of residence. Home country visit would be a vacation.