+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Process

vgpl

Jun 22, 2012
Hi Seniors,

Now, that I have received my AOR for the Canadian Citizenship Application, I've several queries regarding the next steps/process. Could you please answer them?

1. When is the best time to request for GCMS notes?
2. Can someone share the sample GCMS notes for Citizenship Applications? I found many for PR Applications but not Citizenship.
3. How many days before would we receive the Test Invite Letter? Can we start preparing for the test once we receive the invite or should we start right away?
4. When will you know the test results? On the same day? What is the test format (online or paper based)? What is the duration of the test?
5. Do we need to take the children under 14 with us on the test date?
6. What is interview? Will we have the interview on the day of the test or is it separate? Again, do we need to take children under 14 with us?

Thank you in advance.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Seniors,

Now, that I have received my AOR for the Canadian Citizenship Application, I've several queries regarding the next steps/process. Could you please answer them?

2. Can someone share the sample GCMS notes for Citizenship Applications? I found many for PR Applications but not Citizenship.
3. How many days before would we receive the Test Invite Letter? Can we start preparing for the test once we receive the invite or should we start right away?
4. When will you know the test results? On the same day? What is the test format (online or paper based)? What is the duration of the test?
6. What is interview? Will we have the interview on the day of the test or is it separate? Again, do we need to take children under 14 with us?

Thank you in advance.
1) GCMS notes should only be ordered if your application is taking longer than average. Please refer to the spreadsheet in my signature for averages. Look at applicants from the same location as you, because every processing office works at a different pace.

2) Someone else can help with this

3) Again look at the spreadsheet for averages based on your location. You can start preparing now.

4) Test results will be revealed on the same day during your interview. Paper based. Duration is probably 30 min. People usually take 10 min to finish. Total 20 questions, 15 required to pass (75%)

5) I think this would depend on whether your children are also invited ? Not 100% sure though.

6) Interview is on the same day as the test (haven't come across a case which was otherwise)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Seniors,

Thank you in advance.
1. See above. There is no point in order GCMS notes until your application is waaaaay over the processing time. So don't even think about it until at the very least half a year has passed.
2. Just use the forum search. There are examples in here, even for citizenship.
3./4. see above
5. Please refer to the letter. There might also be an interview scheduled before or after the test. Again, look at the invitation that you receive. It will make clear who has to show up. Of course your kids won't have to take the test itself.
6. You have to bring all the original documents (passports, ID, ...) cause they might want to have a look at them. They will talk to you and maybe ask questions to check if the things you claim are correct. There is nothing you have to fear if you were truthful in your application. Again there is examples of interviews in this forum. Just search.