Citizenship Language section

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Reactions: Abakshi1984

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi Friends,

In my case, I have a photocopy of my IELTS exam General Training taken in Sep 2015 .I dont have the original result sheet.

Can this photocopy of IELTS result be used as proof for proficiency in english. OR should I apply to get a Duplicate copy of the result and submit that copy ?

Best Regards
JSPCAN

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Friends,

In my case, I have a photocopy of my IELTS exam General Training taken in Sep 2015 .I dont have the original result sheet.

Can this photocopy of IELTS result be used as proof for proficiency in english. OR should I apply to get a Duplicate copy of the result and submit that copy ?

Best Regards
JSPCAN

1. The photocopy is fine.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi Friends,

Best Regards
JSPCAN
Yes I used a copy too

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Will I not be asked to present original IELTS result at a later stage? If yes then what explanation will I give?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Will I not be asked to present original IELTS result at a later stage? If yes then what explanation will I give?
1. No explanation needed, as Express Entry applicants have to submit the original, so they could only have a copy left.

JSPCAN

Oct 20, 2016
Hi

1. No explanation needed, as Express Entry applicants have to submit the original, so they could only have a copy left.

Oh......Which is why I was wondering that why my immigration consultant submitted my original IELTS result to WES during my PR Application. Thanks for clarifying.

Just another question on this topic

I have done a course called "Investment Funds in Canada" from Canadian Securities Institute, (it is a pre-requisite for job as a Financial Advisor in any bank) Its a self study course. I have a been issued a certificate for it.

Is that workable as proof of English proficiency?

Best Regards
JSPCAN

Last edited: