+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship language requirements

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an expired IELTS and a master degree (degree only, no school letters or transcripts at hand). Not sure which one to submit. I heard some got their applications returned after submitting documents related to degree. Can I submit both? Thanks.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I have an expired IELTS and a master degree (degree only, no school letters or transcripts at hand). Not sure which one to submit. I heard some got their applications returned after submitting documents related to degree. Can I submit both? Thanks.
Masters degree from where ?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Just send a copy of your diploma / degree and you are done.

I just got my Dalhousie transcripts and sent em in sealed envelope, since it is easy to get it. Wife sent copy of her PhD diploma (UK), no issues.

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
For IELTS, as we submitted original to CIC during immigration, if we now submit a copy, will that be accepted at the final stage when they ask for all originals?

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
I have a question regarding the language proof. I have a PhD from McGill University (Canada) and the diploma is written in Latin. Do you think it will be ok, if I just send a copy of this diploma ?

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just send a copy of your diploma / degree and you are done.

I just got my Dalhousie transcripts and sent em in sealed envelope, since it is easy to get it. Wife sent copy of her PhD diploma (UK), no issues.
Thanks. My diploma is just a piece of paper saying "The senate has confirmed *** is admitted to the degree of ...". The words are written in some fancy way and I am not sure whether IRCC employees may think about it recklessly and simply returned my application.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Thanks. My diploma is just a piece of paper saying "The senate has confirmed *** is admitted to the degree of ...". The words are written in some fancy way and I am not sure whether IRCC employees may think about it recklessly and simply returned my application.
Thats what the diploma are supposed to look :)

Just add a top sheet saying;

Proof of Language
Masters Degree (Name of program),
University of ABC
Copy of Diploma attached.

DONE :)

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I have a question regarding the language proof. I have a PhD from McGill University (Canada) and the diploma is written in Latin. Do you think it will be ok, if I just send a copy of this diploma ?
Will be fine. Just send a copy.

Reactions: kma

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
The Documents checklist says just photo copy, although I might as well send originals.
Just copy of the degree, or if you have sealed transcripts send original. If you did something here in Canada the process of obtaining transcripts is super easy and quick. But a copy of degree works too (read above, my wife sent a copy of her PhD).

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Just copy of the degree, or if you have sealed transcripts send original. If you did something here in Canada the process of obtaining transcripts is super easy and quick. But a copy of degree works too (read above, my wife sent a copy of her PhD).
Thank you, will do that