+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship interview

samir1

Nov 2, 2009
i've a citizenship test coming up next week, but when putting all document together n getting ready for the test: i m not able to find my india passport. one of the requirement for the citizenship interview is taking the passport when u go for an interview. What is the best option for this issue? i 've all the document but the passport, all the info, suggestion n comments appreciated. thanx

• Wow
Reactions: Jalalcananda

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

samir1 said:
i've a citizenship test coming up next week, but when putting all document together n getting ready for the test: i m not able to find my india passport. one of the requirement for the citizenship interview is taking the passport when u go for an interview. What is the best option for this issue? i 've all the document but the passport, all the info, suggestion n comments appreciated. thanx
You will most likely receive a RQ (Resident Questionaire) without the passport. That will delay your application by about 6-12 months.

PMM

• Wow

devraj54

Dec 6, 2013
No, you don't need a valid (non-expired) passport for your test / document verification / oath ceremony. They want to cross check that you were not out of the country for more time than you have claimed in your application. Therefore, carry all your passports, valid or expired with confidence.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devraj54 said:
No, you don't need a valid (non-expired) passport for your test / document verification / oath ceremony. They want to cross check that you were not out of the country for more time than you have claimed in your application. Therefore, carry all your passports, valid or expired with confidence.
The problem here is that he does not have his passport.
Based on your answer, the man needs to have his passport, right? I found your answer a little confusing.

"No, you don't need a valid (non-expired) passport for your test / document verification / oath ceremony."

"Therefore, carry all your passports, valid or expired with confidence."

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
samir1 said:
Start preparing for RQ.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Turn your home upside down. It is important that you find your passport.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The original post is from back in Nov 2009. I'm sure the OP either got his oath or quit the process failing which he/she has the patience of a thousand saints ;D !

• Haha