+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Tomorrow at Hamilotn, Exit Entry report error..!!

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi All,

i have interview /test tomorrow, i got my Exist Entry report to UAE since January 2014, until today,

my eligibility period is from Feb 2014 to Feb 2019.

My total days in Canada during this eligibility period is 1142 out of 1095 days.

i came back to canada on April 2014 which is shown on the Exist Entry report ,HOWEVER,

on the report , and for some odd reason, it mentions Australia as destination instead of Canada, and there is no

exist stamp on my passport as UAE have Electronic Travel system where you scan your passport on the Kiosks..!!

now i am missing like 6 months from FebruarY 2014 which is the eligibility start date till my next movement out of Canada which was on August 2014.

i have soft copy of my ticket sent to my email ,but i lost the Boarding pass, although i have all boarding passes except for the April 2014 trip..!!

i have some document, purchases to prove i was in canada between feb to august 2014,

Q- what to do to prove i was here ?

Q- can the officer look for the days i am in Canada beyond the end of the elgibility period,i,e , after Feb 2019 i been in canada for almost 8 months, can he/she compensate these days from the days i cant prove or claim on 2014..?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
They dont ask you to prove your entry date at interview and they check ur eligibility from their own records or CBSA database. So my two cents dont make things complicated by handing out stuff which is not requested like the exit entry report from UAE because this might delay ur application as they will dig down further. Just go by what the interviewer says. They know when u arrived in canada so dont worry to much

Reactions: KKE and Yorker13

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

Q- can the officer look for the days i am in Canada beyond the end of the elgibility period,i,e , after Feb 2019 i been in canada for almost 8 months, can he/she compensate these days from the days i cant prove or claim on 2014..?

Applicants do not prove presence in the PI Interview attendant the test. It is specifically a Program Integrity interview. Not a hearing. Interviewer is primarily focused on the verification of information in the application. Review of passports, stamps, and related questions to applicant are screening for inconsistencies, anomalies, or other indications that might suggest the need for further inquiries.

Moreover, if there is a question about your travel history, including dates of entry into Canada, IRCC can readily access the CBSA travel history which will document nearly all dates of entry into Canada (for vast majority it does document all dates of entry, but occasionally there are incomplete records).

NO.

The calculation of actual physical presence is specifically limited to days in Canada during the eligibility period, which is the five years preceding the date the application was made. If you applied, for example, February 23, 2019, the only days that count toward physical presence are days IN Canada from February 23, 2014 up to and including February 22, 2019.

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
thank you guys for the quick reply,

i am worried about the travel history, because i have valid residency visa in UAE, and i been traveling there for more than a month at least twice a year, my parents ,wife and kids live there,

that is why i keep going back to UAE, i am afraid they might send my case to RQ..!!.

that is why i ordered the exist/entry UAE report.

other question if u dont mind.

Q- what to focus on the discover canada mataerial, do i have to remember dates,names of people, buildings,historical wars. or try to get the moral of the stories.

Q- what is the fail mark in the test?

Q- Do i have to bring the COPR, i couldnt find it, but i have the PR CARD...!!

thx.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
thank you guys for the quick reply,

i am worried about the travel history, because i have valid residency visa in UAE, and i been traveling there for more than a month at least twice a year, my parents ,wife and kids live there,

that is why i keep going back to UAE, i am afraid they might send my case to RQ..!!.

other question if u dont mind.

Q- what to focus on the discover canada mataerial, do i have to remember dates,names of people, buildings,historical wars. or try to get the moral of the stories.

Q- what is the fail mark in the test?

Q- Do i have to bring the COPR, i couldnt find it, but i have the PR CARD...!!

thx.
Anything from the book could come up. Including dates and people. I made up flash cards for both these. Search here and do some mock tests, there are even apps. The Richmond Ottawa one was closest for me in terms of “hardness”.

Pass is 15/20.

CoPR is not required according to the invite letter but it WAS on the whiteboard at my test. I and another guy I saw there (who did not take it) were not asked but you’ll need it for oath (I believe) and OAP so you want to find it or request a new one. Which takes much time. This is a very important document (they should have said this when getting it completed).

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

Forecasting who will be subject to RQ-related non-routine processing is very, very difficult.

As you apprehend, the circumstances you describe probably elevate the risk. Not much you can do about that. You are who you are. (A bigger margin probably would help but even that probably has relatively little impact . . . after all, it appears you continue to have very substantial ties abroad and those are what they are.)

There is often discussion in the forums about bringing additional information, documentation, evidence or proof, to the PI Interview. There is a small chance that doing this could make a difference in whether there is RQ-related non-routine processing. Very small chance. The interviewer is usually a processing agent, not the Citizenship Officer who makes decisions. As I previously noted, the PI Interview is NOT a hearing, not an opportunity for an applicant to make his or her case.

But there is some opportunity to respond to particular questions in a way that satisfies the agent, and in turn the Citizenship Officer who reviews the agent's notes and observations. And there may even be an opening for presenting a little additional information or documentation.

Thus, sure, at least bring the UAE records, and if there is an opportunity to present them responsive to questions asked by the interviewer, that could be a chance to, in effect, say "I have my UAE travel records . . . " Avoid being pushy. Let the interviewer guide how you respond and what, if anything, you present. Odds are the interviewer will already be inclined toward being satisfied (and thus so convey that to the Citizenship Officer) or NOT inclined to be satisfied (and pushing evidence at the interviewer will NOT do much if any good, with some risk of making the interviewer more negative).

Again, the interview is almost all about VERIFICATION, and is NOT an evidentiary hearing. If the interviewer is right on the fence, and you politely, helpfully present just a little direct evidence to help your cause, that could make a difference . . . but again the odds are there is little or nothing an applicant can do at the interview which will help the applicant's case, but probably plenty of ways to make it worse. So the safest approach is to bring what is requested and to answer the questions asked, and if you believe you have a small number of documents which could really help, offer those IF the interviewer is receptive.

Do not be surprised if the interviewer is not receptive about any additional information or documents. That signals the interviewer has what the interviewer needs to do his or her job and otherwise what will happen next is already decided. If that is how it goes, just let it go.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Forecasting who will be subject to RQ-related non-routine processing is very, very difficult.

As you apprehend, the circumstances you describe probably elevate the risk. Not much you can do about that. You are who you are. (A bigger margin probably would help but even that probably has relatively little impact . . . after all, it appears you continue to have very substantial ties abroad and those are what they are.)

There is often discussion in the forums about bringing additional information, documentation, evidence or proof, to the PI Interview. There is a small chance that doing this could make a difference in whether there is RQ-related non-routine processing. Very small chance. The interviewer is usually a processing agent, not the Citizenship Officer who makes decisions. As I previously noted, the PI Interview is NOT a hearing, not an opportunity for an applicant to make his or her case.

But there is some opportunity to respond to particular questions in a way that satisfies the agent, and in turn the Citizenship Officer who reviews the agent's notes and observations. And there may even be an opening for presenting a little additional information or documentation.

Thus, sure, at least bring the UAE records, and if there is an opportunity to present them responsive to questions asked by the interviewer, that could be a chance to, in effect, say "I have my UAE travel records . . . " Avoid being pushy. Let the interviewer guide how you respond and what, if anything, you present. Odds are the interviewer will already be inclined toward being satisfied (and thus so convey that to the Citizenship Officer) or NOT inclined to be satisfied (and pushing evidence at the interviewer will NOT do much if any good, with some risk of making the interviewer more negative).

Again, the interview is almost all about VERIFICATION, and is NOT an evidentiary hearing. If the interviewer is right on the fence, and you politely, helpfully present just a little direct evidence to help your cause, that could make a difference . . . but again the odds are there is little or nothing an applicant can do at the interview which will help the applicant's case, but probably plenty of ways to make it worse. So the safest approach is to bring what is requested and to answer the questions asked, and if you believe you have a small number of documents which could really help, offer those IF the interviewer is receptive.

Do not be surprised if the interviewer is not receptive about any additional information or documents. That signals the interviewer has what the interviewer needs to do his or her job and otherwise what will happen next is already decided. If that is how it goes, just let it go.
Thanks for your valuable input,

so this is what happened with me yesterday.

I Passed the test 20/20.

i knew i would be questioned when i saw most of the people who came for the test/interview are called upon and told they passed and they will contact them for the ceremony,

only me and couple of families left behind waiting for another agent who was scrutinizing their cases.

my whole life changed in 2017, when i was stopped at abu dhabi airport, because i use a somali passport, which is not valid travel document to canada, but i have a valid PR status/card.

the IRCC agent told me to get a travel document, and left a note in my file,

i never got that travel document,

because, when i called IRCC, they said, it doesnt matter since u have valid PR card,

also UAE where my family live dont accept temporarily travel document, only full citizenship passports,

and also, to get a canadian travel document ,i have to give my passport to them,which have UAE residence visa,

i told that to the IRCC interviewer, and he said i have to contact the agent who put that note on your file, why he didnt,

and started asking me if i made any troubles, i said no, i didnt a finger print and gave u police certifiicate,

he said i still didnt get ur fingerprint results, and he have to wait for it to come from Vancouver...!!!!

i told him, i gave FB back in May 2019, and when i called IRCC they said they received it.

he said it must be somewhere in the system, i will study ur case and will contact you by MAIL..!!

i said why not email, he said i need to make sure u are still here .!!.

i gave him the UAE EXIST AND ENTRY REPORT, he was happy to see it and took it,

when he was cross referencing my physical calculator days with the stamps on my passport, he was looking at the screen to compare ,

does he have access to a canadian exit entry report online or he have to apply for CSBA report..!!

what is ur analysis on my application..!!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Reminder: I am NOT an expert. I am not qualified to offer personal advice in individual cases.

While you offer numerous details, there are undoubtedly many, many more details which are relevant to your situation. Way too many details, including many that are way too personal to share in a forum like this.

The vast majority of qualified applicants have NOTHING to worry about. But of course there are some applicants who do run into this or that problem. On one hand, I do not want to unnecessarily cause anxiety for the vast majority who have no reason to worry. On the other hand, obviously, for those who do have an issue, I'd like to offer help if I can, to the extent I can, even if all that amounts to is helping someone better understand what the issue is about.

From your posts I get the sense there could be some issue lurking in your case. BUT since I am NOT an expert, I cannot readily discern what that might be. I simply do not know if you have a problem or not.

As for what the IRCC can and will access for purposes of verifying travel history, as I previously noted they have ready access to the CBSA travel history showing a client's dates-of-entry and this is almost always complete. It appears they also have some access to some records reflecting some exit date history. But other than land crossing exits going into the U.S. (which they have access to through access to U.S. entry records), I do not know to what extent they have direct access to exit history records.

There are some hints of a potential concern about your travel history and actual presence calculation. To what extent is not at all clear. All you can do regarding this is wait and see how it goes.

There is, however, also some hint of an issue related to your status. Again, I am NO expert. I do not know what such an issue might be. Probably best to just wait and see how things go.

That said, if your status in Canada derives from being a refugee, and you are a refugee from Somalia, and you have used or obtained a Somalia passport (anywhere, for anything) since becoming a refugee, that suggests a possible concern about potential cessation of status. I have no idea if this applies to you. But given your comments about obtaining a Canadian Travel Document, and not being able to use a passport you have from Somalia, makes me wonder if you are a PR-refugee, and if so, if you have obtained or used a passport from your home country. That could be a problem and possibly a rather serious problem. Again, I am NOT at all sure this applies to you. If it does, you might want to read (really read, taking your time to read through many long posts) the topic titled: "Refugee status cessation and PRs applying for citizenship" which can be seen here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-status-cessation-and-prs-applying-for-citizenship.333455/

If after reading much of that topic you conclude that might be a problem for you, you probably want to see a lawyer if you can afford one. Again, I do not want to unnecessarily cause you to worry. That topic does not apply at all to you UNLESS you are a PR-refugee, and even then, only if you have been using a home country passport (anywhere).

Thanks for your valuable input,

so this is what happened with me yesterday.

I Passed the test 20/20.

i knew i would be questioned when i saw most of the people who came for the test/interview are called upon and told they passed and they will contact them for the ceremony,

only me and couple of families left behind waiting for another agent who was scrutinizing their cases.

my whole life changed in 2017, when i was stopped at abu dhabi airport, because i use a somali passport, which is not valid travel document to canada, but i have a valid PR status/card.

the IRCC agent told me to get a travel document, and left a note in my file,

i never got that travel document,

because, when i called IRCC, they said, it doesnt matter since u have valid PR card,

also UAE where my family live dont accept temporarily travel document, only full citizenship passports,

and also, to get a canadian travel document ,i have to give my passport to them,which have UAE residence visa,

i told that to the IRCC interviewer, and he said i have to contact the agent who put that note on your file, why he didnt,

and started asking me if i made any troubles, i said no, i didnt a finger print and gave u police certifiicate,

he said i still didnt get ur fingerprint results, and he have to wait for it to come from Vancouver...!!!!

i told him, i gave FB back in May 2019, and when i called IRCC they said they received it.

he said it must be somewhere in the system, i will study ur case and will contact you by MAIL..!!

i said why not email, he said i need to make sure u are still here .!!.

i gave him the UAE EXIST AND ENTRY REPORT, he was happy to see it and took it,

when he was cross referencing my physical calculator days with the stamps on my passport, he was looking at the screen to compare ,

does he have access to a canadian exit entry report online or he have to apply for CSBA report..!!

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
@dpenabill

thanks again for your valuable input,

i am not a refugee,

i came to Canada under the Skilled Worker immigration program ,i was born in UAE, my passport is from Somalia, but issued from Abu Dhabi somali embassy.

the officer asked me about single journey travel document that i used first time to travel to canada,

which i forgot to bring, but luckily,i had copy of it on my mobile, which i showed it the officer and he took a deep look at it and said for now, i will look for it in the system, but in the ceremony ,make sure u bring the original.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
i renewed my PR Card recently without problems,

i didnt have problem with meeting my RO,

i thought it would be easy to verifiy this since my PR card is new one. and the i passed the old one to the officer in the interview

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
@dpenabill

thanks again for your valuable input,

i am not a refugee,

i came to Canada under the Skilled Worker immigration program ,i was born in UAE, my passport is from Somalia, but issued from Abu Dhabi somali embassy.

the officer asked me about single journey travel document that i used first time to travel to canada,

which i forgot to bring, but luckily,i had copy of it on my mobile, which i showed it the officer and he took a deep look at it and said for now, i will look for it in the system, but in the ceremony ,make sure u bring the original.
Given this . . . and

With a LOT of emphasis on how much I do NOT know . . .

. . . my GUESS (and it is indeed just a guess) is that the nature and extent of your travel and ongoing ties to the UAE are enough to raise questions, to suggest that IRCC needs to look at least a little more closely at your travel history and physical presence calculation in order to verify it and be satisfied with it . . . how much more so is impossible to guess. It could range from merely accessing your CBSA travel history and some other internal cross-checking, to making requests that you provide some further information or documents. Thus, it could range from causing virtually NO delay in making a decision and scheduling the oath, to some delay, or a longer delay.

Appears possible that bringing and offering the UAE records may have helped. It could be helpful for others if you return here to update the forum about what happens next for you.