+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP Interview Tests & Documents - 2016 & 2017

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Hi All,

Please share your experience for the citizenship test and interviews for 2016 & 2017

1. What documents to be taken with you?
2. Any irrelevant questions asked & the outcome?
3. etc....

Thanks,

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
It varies case by case basis.
They may ask a few questions or may ask a bundle.
Mostly they will ask about your job history, unemployment history, School and visits abroad.
Regarding documents, they for sure needs you two passports i.e. new and the expired one and your PR cards, plus a provincial proof of address.
Hope it helps.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition you will need to b ring any originals of copies you sent as supporting documents like your COPR, your language test results or language proof .....

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you took IELTS or CELPIP test for your language evidence when you became a PR or if you took it for citizenship purpose. Otherwise "proof of language" could also be transcripts of education which state that the medium in teaching was in required language.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The interview will focus mainly on checking all your passports, then asking about your employment and if you have family in Canada, etc.

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
In my case I sent original transcripts in official university seal envelop with my initial application. Then during the interview the visa officer even did not bothered to check or even ask for my English language proof.
So its a better idea to send a complete application with a lot of information being provided. This will make life easy, later.

Rigly68 said:
If you took IELTS or CELPIP test for your language evidence when you became a PR or if you took it for citizenship purpose. Otherwise "proof of language" could also be transcripts of education which state that the medium in teaching was in required language.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khanbaba said:
In my case I sent original transcripts in official university seal envelop with my initial application. Then during the interview the visa officer even did not bothered to check or even ask for my English language proof.
So its a better idea to send a complete application with a lot of information being provided. This will make life easy, later.
Of course you can send the originals with your initial application but it does only ask for copies on the instruction guide. Also there have been instances, although rare, that the application is lost and then you are left with no original document.... just something to think about as well :)

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
Absolutely, I agree.
I had two copies thats why I sent one with application and took the second with me for the test/ interview.

Rigly68 said:
Of course you can send the originals with your initial application but it does only ask for copies on the instruction guide. Also there have been instances, although rare, that the application is lost and then you are left with no original document.... just something to think about as well :)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You must prepare and be ready for any/all documents that prove your residency in Canada.

Though the interview is to check documents, but they can always ask more proof.

Stamps, passports, boarding passes or tickets, employment/study history, taxes, property or leases of auto/apartment/home, etc
Utility bills and bank accounts are also important.

Prepare as if you're preparing evidence for RQ.....

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Hi, I have a question regarding citizenship ceremony. I saw in the CIC website that when family members apply together the citizenship certificates of minors under 14 years will be posted home. So would they not be expected to attend a citizenship ceremony?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
subha_1962 said:
Hi, I have a question regarding citizenship ceremony. I saw in the CIC website that when family members apply together the citizenship certificates of minors under 14 years will be posted home. So would they not be expected to attend a citizenship ceremony?
When you get letter it would be specified....

Iceskater

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
This may sound stupid....

Do you need to submit any of the old / expired id's along with the citizenship application?

1. Expired PR Card
2. Expired Health Card
3. Expired Driving License... and so on...

Most of them must have been tossed?

Thanks,

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
NO, Just the current ones.

Iceskater said:

Do you need to submit any of the old / expired id's along with the citizenship application?

1. Expired PR Card
2. Expired Health Card

Thanks,

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iceskater said:

1. Expired PR Card
2. Expired Health Card

Thanks,
Only expired ID you will have to send would be expired passport if still in your possession and if it falls within the relevant time frame.