+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Request. Timezone and Location not mentioned

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
What is the timezone for the citizenship interview? Only the date and time were mentioned but not the timezone.

Also, I am outside Canada.. i.e US. can one take the citizenship interview outside Canada?

EDIT: This is just the interview for verifying documents/identity/Travel History etc.. Not the oath ceremony.

Last edited:

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
What is the timezone for the citizenship interview? Only the date and time were mentioned but not the timezone.

Also, I am outside Canada.. i.e US. can one take the citizenship test outside Canada?
For starters, you should let IRCC know you’re outside Canada.

Someone here did their interview online from outside Canada and the officer was not happy.
There is also no guarantee that your interview is online. It could be in person.

As for doing your oath from abroad. That’s a FIRM no. Doesn’t matter if it’s via zoom. There is a ton of threads and posts dedicated to this subject. Top right corner has a search button. I suggest you use it.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
For starters, you should let IRCC know you’re outside Canada.

Someone here did their interview online from outside Canada and the officer was not happy.
There is also no guarantee that your interview is online. It could be in person.

As for doing your oath from abroad. That’s a FIRM no. Doesn’t matter if it’s via zoom. There is a ton of threads and posts dedicated to this subject. Top right corner has a search button. I suggest you use it.
IRCC already knows that I am outside Canada. I gave the test from the US and they had no problems with it.

1. The interview is online. IRCC gave me the link in the email.
2. This is not about doing the oath. For Oath, it has to be inside Canada and I will be doing it from Canada.

My question is about the timezone for the scheduled interview. Which timezone is it supposed to be?
Can someone who has been through the process let me know?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
IRCC already knows that I am outside Canada. I gave the test from the US and they had no problems with it.

1. The interview is online. IRCC gave me the link in the email.
2. This is not about doing the oath. For Oath, it has to be inside Canada and I will be doing it from Canada.

My question is about the timezone for the scheduled interview. Which timezone is it supposed to be?
Can someone who has been through the process let me know?
Which IRCC office is interviewing you? It is most likely the IRCC offices' local time zone

You can also call IRCC to confirm