App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
On the 5th August I received an update to my file stating that an interview would need to be scheduled and that I should wait for the correspondence.

I have taken the citizenship test a month prior and curious as to why an interview would be necessary as I became a PR via the spousal route.

Does anyone have any insight as to what they will be asking me?

Cheers!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Interviews were standard for all adult applicants before the pandemic, and quite a number of us (yes, like me) also got interviewed online at the start of the year after the test. Foregoing the interviews for most applicants is more recent and novel.

Might be a random selection. I don't think it's anything to worry about, if you fulfill all the requirements.

They may simply ask to confirm your identity, show your passport stamps, and verify the information you wrote in your forms. Wait for the email with the next steps...they will include the documents you will need to present at the interview.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Interviews were standard for all adult applicants before the pandemic, and quite a number of us (yes, like me) also got interviewed online at the start of the year after the test. Foregoing the interviews for most applicants is more recent and novel.

Might be a random selection. I don't think it's anything to worry about, if you fulfill all the requirements.

They may simply ask to confirm your identity, show your passport stamps, and verify the information you wrote in your forms. Wait for the email with the next steps...they will include the documents you will need to present at the interview.
Many thanks for this! I figured as much, but with the anxiety of the waiting time and dealing with the government, your brain starts to run wild.

Cheers!

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
On the 5th August I received an update to my file stating that an interview would need to be scheduled and that I should wait for the correspondence.

I have taken the citizenship test a month prior and curious as to why an interview would be necessary as I became a PR via the spousal route.

Does anyone have any insight as to what they will be asking me?

Cheers!
Hi There,
when did you take your test? just wondering time between the test and interview.
thanks

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi There,
when did you take your test? just wondering time between the test and interview.
thanks
I took my test on June 30th and then was asked for an interview on Aug 5th.

As of today, on Aug 10th, I received a request for ALL pages of my passport to be emailed to IRCC.