+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship grant applied July 23, 2010. - should I be worried??

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inaki said:
A month has passed by after the decision was made and I have not received the Card as as yet. I can't understand how CIC works. :eek:
Hi Inaki. I had a similar experience which you can read about on this thread if you are interested: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14334&PID=211604&title=pr-card-issue#211604

I recommend calling the Call Centre this week or next to see if they will send a reminder to the local office, since they are supposed to contact you or send your card within 4 weeks.

Good luck!

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
Thanks eileenf.

As expected I received a letter from Inmmigration office in StClair that my card had been received and I was given a date (Feb 18) to go and pickup the card. The letter also request a list of things I need to take with me (passport, driving license, letter from my employer and proof of residency in Canada, statements, list of travels, etc) Initially I freaked out thinking it was an RQ but reading it later, I think is they want to proof I exist and I am in Canada. This is very inconvenient as I have to take a day off from work for that, and spend time gathering all the documents they are requesting. All this after waiting almost a year for the renewal.

My citizenship file is in Mississauga, I live in Etobicoke close to the CIC Office, why was it transfered to St Clair? What in this world is calling their attention?

Funny thing is that my pic looks a bit different than the original one (but hey 5 years has passed by Lol)... Could have this trigered the 'quality assurance' request to pickup in person?

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Inaki, this is incredible! The official CIC times for PR Card Renewals processing is 96 calendar days. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Complain!

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
I know walitys. Unfortunately there is not institution where you can scalate a complaint about things like this that happen with CIC except the mandumus I understand you filed.
:-\
When I called CIC about the citizenship application status last week they mentioned the last note to the file was added in October, 2013 when my MP office did a follow up and that the background checks are still in process. Almost 4 years checking.. I wonder what are they checking?? How much can you check? Simply frustrating. :-\

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
:mad: :-\. I went to pick up my card at the St Clark Office. I show the blue letter and they gave me a number to wait. 10 people were called before me and all of them spent less than 5 minutes in the counter and were given the PR Card. A couple of question from the officer and then they will sign the receipt of the card. My number shown in the board and I approached the counter and handled the blue letter over to the officer. He asked for my passport and how many days I had been outside Canada (I had printed the residence calculator and gave it to him) I have not been outside Canada for the past 4 years. I knew there was something wrong when the officer was 'tabbing' at the keyboard. He grabbed my passport and the blue letter and told me, please wait for a moment.
15 minutes passed by and I was standing by myself at the counter waiting for officer to come back. The officer returned and asked me to sit down and wait, I asked if there was any problem and he said, no, there is no problem, there is some issue with your file. (Good thing English is not my first language not to understand the difference, but hey!)

:'( waited for an hour until the officer returned and called me. He said, we cannot handle your PR today, you have to come back. I asked him why and he said, we cannot locate your card. I was so upset but I managed to keep calmed and demanded an explanation as the blue letter clearly stated they have received the letter. He apologized and told me there was a mistake with my file and that they will call me. I demanded to talk to a supervisor and he told me, this is what my supervisor asked me to tell you. I insisted to talk to the supervisor and he said he cannot stop me from talking to the supervisor and asked me to sit and wait.

An additional 30 minutes passed by and the supervisor called me to the counter. Apologized and told me there was a clerical mistake and that by error, they have sent the card to another office, that they have already located the card and they have asked to be returned. That they will call me and accommodate my timing so I don't have to loose time from work. That I should hear from them at the end of this week.

Two weeks have passed by and I am still waiting for their call. Amazing!
:eek: :mad: :(

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
After a month without reply from CIC, I went to the office and talked to the recepcionist. He in term, asked me to wait and went to look for the original officer that attended me in my previous visit. There most have been between 100 or 150 person in the waiting room. :eek:

In 15 minutes the officer called my name and I got my PR card, no question asked.

;D