+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship for refugee

Sara h

Jan 3, 2021
Hello every one.
I have a question about my citizenship application. I applied in 21 August 2020 until now I didn't receive any email from Immigration but I made i mistake in my physical calculations . I typed the first day of enter Canada in refugee days and the correct date is when I got positive decision. But when I apply my application I already completed 1095 days because I applied after 4 months.
So please anybody have the same experience? maybe officer pass this mistake or no??

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
These mistakes probably won't be ignored by the officers and even if they do get ignored they can cause you trouble later as your citizenship can be possibly revoked for misrepresentation. Try to fix it asap.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
How i can fix it ??
Try posting in the "Citizenship" thread to get more opinions. Try calling IRCC and see what they say. Only thing is I don't know if they will make you resubmit from the beginning which is very much possible. Also, I don't know if they will make you pay the fees again or not.

Sara h

Jan 3, 2021
Until now they don't answer me if they accept my file or no. I didn't receive application number.so called them ,they answer me I have to wait until open my file maybe they pass the mistake

Sara h

Jan 3, 2021
I don't think it will be much problem people do make mistakes even the immigration, just leave it like that if they find it they will inform you to correct it and if not you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you for ur support today I recieved email from Immigration they pass the mistake iam so happy ..
I have a question, do you think I have to call them to correct the mistake or no??

Jan 28, 2021
Thanks to your support, CPCMississauga said my application has been completed and IRCC Etobiko will get in touch with me, my question is what time will they get in touch with me. Thanks

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Thank you for ur support today I recieved email from Immigration they pass the mistake iam so happy ..
I have a question, do you think I have to call them to correct the mistake or no??
You don't need to call, when you deal with government always let then ask you to correct your mistakes never be the one to expose your mistake because that will cost your documents to be delayed. If it's a bit mistake like date of birth or name yes they will ask you to correct it.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't need to call, when you deal with government always let then ask you to correct your mistakes never be the one to expose your mistake because that will cost your documents to be delayed. If it's a bit mistake like date of birth or name yes they will ask you to correct it.
This is in general a bad idea - if you try to correct your mistake, it can show IRCC that your intention was not to misrepresent. If you wait for them to catch your mistake, they expect that you are trying to lie and defraud the system, and they will typically punish you.

With IRCC it is far better to try to fix your mistake, even if it means delaying documents, instead of hoping they don't find it - if they do, it may mean a cancellation and a deportation.

lee07

Jun 4, 2020
Can protected person (convention refugee) who applied for spousal sponsorship and received pr through marriage travel to his home country?

Will I still fall under the refugee category who can't return to their home country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can protected person (convention refugee) who applied for spousal sponsorship and received pr through marriage travel to his home country?

Will I still fall under the refugee category who can't return to their home country?
Once approved as a protected person, you are always a protected person so no you can't visit your home country until you are a Canadian citizen and you can't renew your home country passport