+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship for infant born outside Canada to Canadian mother

CRV

Nov 10, 2018
Hello,

I am helping my sister fill out the application for proof of citizenship for her new baby. We have a few questions.
1) The infant was born in the US. My sister was born in Canada and has a canadian birth certificate. The baby has no father listed on her birth certificate, so this brings some questions about what to list on the application under "Parent 2". Should she put NA? Or "unknown"?
2) Under section 6, part B for parent 1 it asks for a citizenship number if applicable. Is this the same as a birth certificate? Or do we just put NA since parent 1 did not immigrate, she was born in Canada?
3) In section 11 where it asks for contact information, is it ok to put my sister (parent 1)'s name and contact info? Or does it have to be the baby/applicant's name here with my sister's email? which leads to question
4) If we put my sister's name and email, does this mean we have to name her as a representative in section 12 and fill out an extra form? And what is the difference between the question "is someone helping you fill out this form?" and "Would you like to name a representative to do business with us for you?"

Thanks for your help! I spent all day yesterday looking for answers online or a number to call, but there's no phone number available from the US...