+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Fees has changed and documents have been already sent.

smlmdrs

Dec 27, 2011
I've submitted my application for citizenship a couple days ago (end of December) and it didn't arrive yet at the CIC office in Sydney. The problem is that the fees have changed January 1st. Are they going to return my application?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Not necessarily. They may take into consideration the postal stamp. I suggest that you call the CIC hotline tomorrow and ask the question.

Happy new year!

IcogitoErgoSum

Jul 12, 2013
CIC says: "Effective January 1, 2015 at 12:01am, Citizenship processing fees for adult grant applications will increase from $300 to $530". This
means, in my book, that if the application date on your application form is Jan 1, 2015 or after, you have to pay the incresed fee, regardless of the date application is received by the CIC. Also, the update on the CIC website is on Jan 1, 2015, thus even if you wanted to pay $630 on, say, Dec 29, you couldn't since there wasn't any option, but the regular $400.

Also, CIC says that: "Incomplete applications returned prior to January 1, 2015 and received by CIC after the fee increase will require the new processing fee." Meaning that if you sent it before Jan 1, 2015 but for some reason it's comomplete, they will return it to you, and on the re-send, you will have to pay the increased fee. So, if postal stamp is Dec 31, 2014 on your application, and all is complete, I'm of the opinion that they will process it with the $400 fee.

Good luck!

IcogitoErgoSum

Jul 12, 2013
Jayl said:
As far as I know, yes they will return your application.
As far as you know from where...from reading in the stars? Include some facts or a logical analysis in your opinion, don't just say stuff to feel important! You're not bringing any valuable information for those in search of it!

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IcogitoErgoSum said:
CIC says: "Effective January 1, 2015 at 12:01am, Citizenship processing fees for adult grant applications will increase from $300 to $530". This
means, in my book, that if the application date on your application form is Jan 1, 2015 or after, you have to pay the incresed fee, regardless of the date application is received by the CIC. Also, the update on the CIC website is on Jan 1, 2015, thus even if you wanted to pay $630 on, say, Dec 29, you couldn't since there wasn't any option, but the regular $400.

Also, CIC says that: "Incomplete applications returned prior to January 1, 2015 and received by CIC after the fee increase will require the new processing fee." Meaning that if you sent it before Jan 1, 2015 but for some reason it's comomplete, they will return it to you, and on the re-send, you will have to pay the increased fee. So, if postal stamp is Dec 31, 2014 on your application, and all is complete, I'm of the opinion that they will process it with the $400 fee.

Good luck!
The simplest explanation in my opinion. Good job

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
IcogitoErgoSum said:
As far as you know from where...from reading in the stars? Include some facts or a logical analysis in your opinion, don't just say stuff to feel important! You're not bringing any valuable information for those in search of it!

"I have sent mine today as well with Fedex. Before sending I have called Call Centre and asked exactly the same question.
Answer from Call Centre: We will accept all application received before January 1st 2015. If envelope has been received at the office after this date they will reject it does not matter when you have signed application.

We will wait and see what happens......."

by Hamzayev

"As they did earlier and mentioned above, CIC will return all applications with old fee, received after effective date of fee increase (Jan 1 2015 now).

There is no need to but if you are still in hurry, there is a work around:

If you are sure that your application will be delivered after Jan 1, and if you are paying by original receipt IMM 5401. Just pay the new fee, you will be good; if form remains same/unmodified after Jan 1.

Those who paid old fee online already, if you have an original receipt (IMM 5401) in hand, pay the balance at bank and attach with online receipt. That will be good too. (this is what CIC will ask to do upon application return)"

by Donvalley
(Both quotes are from the thread "APPLICATION WILL REACH AFTER 1 JAN, 400 FEE PAID")

If you need some specific information and sources, please ask for them instead of getting all mad? Anyways, thanks for your nice words and assumption

IcogitoErgoSum

Jul 12, 2013
Jayl said:
"I have sent mine today as well with Fedex. Before sending I have called Call Centre and asked exactly the same question.
Answer from Call Centre: We will accept all application received before January 1st 2015. If envelope has been received at the office after this date they will reject it does not matter when you have signed application.

We will wait and see what happens......."

by Hamzayev (Thread "APPLICATION WILL REACH AFTER 1 JAN, 400 FEE PAID")

If you need some specific information and sources, please ask for them instead of getting all mad? Anyways, thanks for your nice words and assumption
Woldn't have been easier to have pasted your response from the other thread here, in the first place, instead of making general, empty statement? Or do you consider yourself so famous to think that people are going to look at all your post from different topics/threads?

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
IcogitoErgoSum said:
Woldn't have been easier to have pasted your response from the other thread here, in the first place, instead of making general, empty statement? Or do you consider yourself so famous to think that people are going to look at all your post from different topics/threads?
woah there, please read carefully before posting. THOSE ARE NOT MY POSTS. Who did you think I was that you made a noise about my statement? And my statement is NEVER a type of confirmation. I told the OP what I knew. For who and why should I keep a record of what I read? Or did you think I made it up? There are several other threads and answers for this question on this forum. So if you are going to talk about me making a general statement, I'm going to have to talk about your high level of dependence because apparently you are making me to provide sources for information that have already appeared and mentioned many times. I'm done with patience.

Lastly, I have a right to say what I want to say as long as I'm not providing misleading info, alright? Goodness, I would've been killed if I was wrong

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
smlmdrs said:
I've submitted my application for citizenship a couple days ago (end of December) and it didn't arrive yet at the CIC office in Sydney. The problem is that the fees have changed January 1st. Are they going to return my application?
I'm in the same boat. I Express Posted on December 29, and have not been received.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=1 and scroll all the way down to Fee difference for Resumption of Citizenship - Adult - Processing fee (if you already paid $300) and pay the difference.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
CanV said:
Go to https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=1 and scroll all the way down to Fee difference for Resumption of Citizenship - Adult - Processing fee (if you already paid $300) and pay the difference.
I know I can pay. But how would this be matched to my application already sent?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
AnaMaria said:
I know I can pay. But how would this be matched to my application already sent?
Once they return your application, pay the additional fee and resubmit the application.
If they accept it with old payment and don't return the application, then you would be lucky!