+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Fee Refund - Help Required

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi,

1st Attempt - Applied online for citizenship in March 2022. The application was returned as it was deemed incomplete. Fee for this application was paid online.

2nd Attempt - Applied again online in June 2023. Paid new fees for this application. This application was processed and citizenship was granted.

So basically i paid fee twice.

Now I am trying to submit online refund request for 1st attempt but getting following error -
"We can't process your request because one of our offices is still working on your application"

I also raised a web-form regarding this issue but received generic reply saying request a refund online (as tried above).

Please suggest possible solution for this issue.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

Does IRCC answer their helpline anymore? Please share your experience as well.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

1st Attempt - Applied online for citizenship in March 2022. The application was returned as it was deemed incomplete. Fee for this application was paid online.

2nd Attempt - Applied again online in June 2023. Paid new fees for this application. This application was processed and citizenship was granted.

So basically i paid fee twice.

Now I am trying to submit online refund request for 1st attempt but getting following error -
"We can't process your request because one of our offices is still working on your application"

I also raised a web-form regarding this issue but received generic reply saying request a refund online (as tried above).

Please suggest possible solution for this issue.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

Does IRCC answer their helpline anymore? Please share your experience as well.
You should call IRCC, they will help you with the refund.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
You should call IRCC, they will help you with the refund.

I've tried to call IRCC a million times, but never got through. Each time declined saying "Unable to transfer because of large volume of calls".

Does IRCC answer calls anymore?