+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship exam

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I had my test on March 21, 2019 and I have studied for only 3 days. I have got 19/20. I fund reading book is more useful then quiz. Most probably 3 questions I have found from quiz. Which means other 17 questions was from the book and general knowledge. While I was reading the book I was saying why someone need to read the whole book, how many people will remember the whole book. But after I have realized that if I hadn't read the book I would have unknown about Canada. I have learnt a lot of things about Canada after I have read the book. I have been in Canada long time. I have finished study then worked as FW then waiting for applying for PR got PR like it tooks long time to apply for citizenship stil I was not aware all those things which I have learned from the book such as Canada's history and a lot thing. I wouldn't ever read the book if I didn't have to read it.

Everyone should read book to know about the country where we want to take oath and to stay forever.

Test taker need to practice few quiz to know how would be actual test quiz.

Good luck.
A lot of people rely heavily on the practice quizes.
I am glad to find more and more people who emphasize on reading and studying from the actual book itself.

Reactions: KKE and Uranus

kum1234

May 29, 2013
Hello All, Please update in the sheet.

Received email on March 27th for Citizenship test and test date given- April 12th.

My user id: KUM1234.

Thank you all

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hello All, Please update in the sheet.

Received email on March 27th for Citizenship test and test date given- April 12th.

My user id: KUM1234.

Thank you all
It would be better if you post this into your appropriate Month/Year thread e.g. Dec 2018/ Nov 2018/Oct 2018 etc

Jun 19, 2012
will be taking my citizenship exam next month and been nervous to take it! Any tips on studying? (What to remember, what to study, was it hard etc.)
For those people who said its easy....Its only easy when you study. For me I find it very hard but I still got 20/20 because I study hard...

nick_ind

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-09-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP-G results sent with Appilcation
Med's Request
05-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
The exam is really easy, in my case I got 20/20. I only got one year and date question in my set.

I would say incase you have tough time gulping all those years(may be more than 50 different years and dates) in your memory, you can still pass the 15/20. Many questions are general knowledge as well.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I have a few questions about the citizenship test.
1. My webcam is a bit blur, although it is an almost new 1-year-old laptop. Is it ok. or do I have to buy a new webcam or a new laptop.
2. When I try to take a photo of id card via webcam, it shows in reverse order ('ambulance' on vehicles written as 'ecnalubma' ). Is it normal?
3. Can I attach a mouse to my laptop for doing the test as I feel comfortable working with the mouse.
4. When I try to take a photo of Id. It is hard to take a photo of my id without me in the background.
5. For religious reasons I cover my head/hair, my photo when applied has hair covering. But I see this in the guidelines, ( ) please suggest.

Please suggest.

Anything that I have to take care of for the test. Thank you.

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
2. When I try to take a photo of id card via webcam, it shows in reverse order ('ambulance' on vehicles written as 'ecnalubma' ). Is it normal?
No. It's likely you have mirroring turned on in your cam settings. Deselect it and you should be ok.

No experience taking the test, so don't have an answer for other questions.

Reactions: visa_4all