+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship documents

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hello friends,

I have been reading this forum for a while as I will be sending my citizenship application in couple of months for myself, my spouse and 2 kids.
You guys including some others on this forum seemed to be quite experienced in this field. Though I am not from April 2013 group I found lot of valid information here. So thought of putting my question here.

When I send my applications for the first time I would be sending certain documents but still wondering if I am missing something. So along with the application other than the copies of landing paper, pr car card, driver's license, health card, passport, school records(attendance and report card), children's birth certificate, Tax documents, Marriage certificate, Name change affidavit (after marriage), IELTS, Rental receipts, Photos, Fee receipt, Residence calculation, OHIP record, CBSA travel record, can you pls let me know if I am missing any document

Would appreciate your help.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
You don't need to send rental receipts, OHIP record, and CBSA travel record. It will not necessarily save you from getting an RQ. Actually, the officer may get irritated at the extra documents and may issue you an RQ.

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
YYZguy416 said:
You don't need to send rental receipts, OHIP record, and CBSA travel record. It will not necessarily save you from getting an RQ. Actually, the officer may get irritated at the extra documents and may issue you an RQ.
As I was staying in a rental apartment and not my own house don't you think rental receipt will be a necessary document? I was thinking it will be a secondary proof of my stay in the country. If I don't send OHIP can you pls guide me which health record shows my doctor's visits... especially as I have kids do you think I need to take a copy of their immunization record?

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Seira said:
As I was staying in a rental apartment and not my own house don't you think rental receipt will be a necessary document? I was thinking it will be a secondary proof of my stay in the country. If I don't send OHIP can you pls guide me which health record shows my doctor's visits... especially as I have kids do you think I need to take a copy of their immunization record?
You don't need to submit rental receipts. Requested documents are in the link below. There's hardly any evidence to suggest extra documents would necessarily help your case.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
You don't need to send health records either. People send these extra documents when they are issued RQ.

Seira said:

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
YYZguy416 said:
You don't need to send health records either. People send these extra documents when they are issued RQ.
Correct. I basically meant there's no need to submit any extras whatsoever. You should be just fine submitting the requested documents in the link above.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
YYZguy416 said:
Actually, the officer may get irritated at the extra documents and may issue you an RQ.
Colleague of mine sent extra documents in November 2012 and in August 2013 he got his passport. Still I agree with you, anything can happen, officer might get annoyed even by your photo, so better include a photo of some hot girl or man instead of yours... ;D