+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Dreamer!

Feb 12, 2022
Hi everyone, well my journey is a nightmare. 4 months since the oath and still no certificate. called, emailed ...CAS says in progress. They told me to have patience, as they are understaffed and this long wait is normal. I also contacted my MP, so hopefully this works. I'm under so much stress here! Well, hopefully soon.....

patienceandope

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi everyone, well my journey is a nightmare. 4 months since the oath and still no certificate. called, emailed ...CAS says in progress. They told me to have patience, as they are understaffed and this long wait is normal. I also contacted my MP, so hopefully this works. I'm under so much stress here! Well, hopefully soon.....
when did the oath status set to completed? How long have you been waiting after the oath status set to complete?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So, they told you your certificate hasn't been dispatched yet? What office is this? Ottawa?

Dreamer!

Feb 12, 2022
Based in Calgary, Citizen application status : in progress.
Language skills : completed, Physical presence : completed, Citizen test : completed, Background verification : completed, Prohibitions : completed, Citizenship ceremony : completed

Reactions: CaBeaver

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Anyone knows if service Canada will accept a citizenship certificate with a tear in it (you can see all other details fine such name, certificate number, the bar codes)), just when canada post delivered it, the envelope was torn and there was a slight cut from one the certificate edges. Now I need to apply for a passport and not sure whether they are going to accept the certificate with a tear or not.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi All,
is there any post/link that lists all that needs to be done for Passport application? I got done with oath. Obviously way to go before certificate arrives and i am able to apply but just wanna know/understand the process ahead of time.

from random posts on this forum i read that it has to be mailed in as in person is not encouraged, also read that guarantor has to sign on back of photo or something?

got bits of info and not much idea of the process exactly. if someone can please point me in the right direction ? thanks

flagpoleready

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-28-2016