+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My certificate finally arrived today. Judging by the sharpie marks on the envelope it caused confusion due to the label "do not bend" - which boggles the mind as my wife's and son's were delivered rolled up into my community mailbox just fine.

Today, the mail carrier instead of delivering to my door went the extra mile of slotting the certificate into the section between all the mailbox doors and the mailboxes themselves. This meant that while the certificate was flat (it was vertical!) I couldn't physically remove the envelope from the box as I obviously don't have a master key to open the whole front and the certificate is substantially larger than the opening of my individual mailbox. Fortunately, the mail carrier was still on site - delivering things to other people's doors (which she should have done with this!) and I asked her to unlock the whole thing for me.

It seems somehow fitting that my citizenship application should come to such a farcical conclusion. I do hope that my passport application doesn't bring any similar ridiculous nonsense.
Wow, and I thought my experience was bad. The mailman literally bent my certificate from the middle in my case, and squeeze it in my very tiny mail box :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: aurora2014

ahrumpark87

May 11, 2020
I got the ceremony on February 16, 2022 and still waiting for the certificate.
Is there anyone who had the ceremony on the same day and had the certificate?
I’m in Calgary by the way.

Onascale

Sep 2, 2021
Hi, Calgary too. My husband had his ceremony on same day Feb 16, received certificate the next Friday Feb 25. Though we requested urgent as we are travelling.

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi Guys,
After my Oath, instead of sending the oath form to the email which they send after Oath ceremony. I sent the Oath form before even they send the email but i sent the oath form to the same email address. Is that fine?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Did ceremony on 14th Feb and still awaiting cert, ceremony office is Mississauga, Ontario. I emailed on 28th Feb to ask when they'd sent mine and my wife's cert, I received a reply to say my wife's had been sent out on 1st March.....errrrr what about mine?! No mention of mine, so unsure if they didn't understand my clearly worded email or that they haven't sent mine out which again just causes more hassle and stress.

Add to that now the fact that Canada Post bend or whack the certificates in how they seem fit.....yep just another bloody issue to deal with.....not happy....

So right now I'm wondering a) When my wife's will arrive b) When they will be sending mine out (if they haven't already) c) How Canada Post will post it and finally d) When they will respond to my email of asking them again.....has mine been posted and if not when!

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Seems that passport offices started in person services is that right? anyone applied in person recently?
In person service is available if you need the passport within 25 business days and you will need to show proof that you “ need” a passport. For example a flight itinerary. You need to book this appointment online though.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
In person service is available if you need the passport within 25 business days and you will need to show proof that you “ need” a passport. For example a flight itinerary. You need to book this appointment online though.
Do we still need to call to book an appointment for the urgent? I called them waited for a little over 1 hour with no success to reach to an agent. Can I just walk in with my tickets and conference paid invoice & confirmation without appointment?

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Do we still need to call to book an appointment for the urgent? I called them waited for a little over 1 hour with no success to reach to an agent. Can I just walk in with my tickets and conference paid invoice & confirmation without appointment?
On their website it states that if you need your passport within 2 business days you need to call the number they provide. I’m not sure how urgent your situation is so I can’t really advise. It’s best to speak with them directly to see the best course of action. I’m unsure how the walk in works. I’m literally being strategic with mine because I don’t want to mail the application. I’m waiting until next week to get an in person appointment so I can get the passport back in 10 business days as I have travel plans for April. If we need the passport outside of 25 business days we must mail it.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
On their website it states that if you need your passport within 2 business days you need to call the number they provide. I’m not sure how urgent your situation is so I can’t really advise. It’s best to speak with them directly to see the best course of action. I’m unsure how the walk in works. I’m literally being strategic with mine because I don’t want to mail the application. I’m waiting until next week to get an in person appointment so I can get the passport back in 10 business days as I have travel plans for April. If we need the passport outside of 25 business days we must mail it.
I have to travel on March 8, so I called them again just now and they said its not within 2 business days. So I need to call them tomorrow.

Reactions: Bunzie25

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I have to travel on March 8, so I called them again just now and they said its not within 2 business days. So I need to call them tomorrow.
This is ridiculous. They should have booked you and you should have been able to avail express instead of urgent service which would have saved you money.

Reactions: funloving

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
They are very EXACT. So I was right about the 2 business days. You will definitely get the passport as you have more than enough proof for the urgency. Just call back early tomorrow.

Reactions: funloving

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
This is ridiculous. They should have booked you and you should have been able to avail express instead of urgent service which would have saved you money.
I thought that they would count Friday and Monday as 2 business days and give an appointment. I am worried about if I will miss the travel and I don't want to take chances... but I no option I have to take their words and call back tomorrow.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
My certificate saga continues, so I have called the IRCC 5 times in the last 2 month and each time I have been told a different story, first I was told my certificate was sent 1st of Feb from nova scotia to Vancouver , then 3 weeks later I call them and they said NO it was not sent until the 18th of Feb (even though my file was closed 31st of Jan), then they told me it was sent from Vancouver office and I should have it in few days, anyway called them again today and they said NO it was posted from winnipeg manitoba office on the 18th of Feb and not from the Vancouver office and canada post just came by and went and still nothing, feel in despair, considering I did the oath back in Jan 27th and still no certificate!

Anyone based in Vancouver and got thier certificate from winnipeg, how long did it to take you to receive it?

Anyone did the ceremony in Jan and still has not got their certificates?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Bunzie25

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
My certificate saga continues, so I have called the IRCC 5 times in the last 2 month and each time I have been told a different story, first I was told my certificate was sent 1st of Feb from nova scotia to Vancouver , then 3 weeks later I call them and they said NO it was not sent until the 18th of Feb (even though my file was closed 31st of Jan), then they told me it was sent from Vancouver office and I should have it in few days, anyway called them again today and they said NO it was posted from winnipeg manitoba office on the 18th of Feb and not from the Vancouver office and canada post just came by and went and still nothing, feel in despair, considering I did the oath back in Jan 27th and still no certificate.

Anyone based in Vancouver and got thier certificate from winnipeg, how long did it to take you to receive it?
Oh wow. If something is wrong they should just say that and not string you along. From what I’ve seen they don’t mail the certificate as soon as the status changes to closed. My oath was Feb 7th and closed on the 9th. They did not mail it until the 23rd and I received it on the 28th. So next week would be 6 weeks since your oath? For now the best you can do is hope that it was actually mailed and is on route to you. I understand the frustration. Did you email your processing office directly?

Reactions: cyberkodi