+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
The entire process is a nightmare and needs to be revamped. Imagine waiting since 2019 and they can’t even get it right in the last leg. This causes me anxiety. I did my oath on the 7th and my file closed on the 9th. I have not received anything yet. I sent an email asking Mississauga to confirm if it has been mailed and no response. I have a flight on April and I did mention this. The clerk told me on the 7th she would mail my certificate on the 14th the latest. I live in Brampton how long does mail really take? Crazy. We should have gotten the option to pick it up after oath. At this point they are making excuses.
On the upside, if this delay does continue then pretty soon I'm going to be able to give the forum feedback on what happens if you try to re-enter Canada from the US as a Canadian citizen with no citizenship certificate and no passport. I'm sure the result will be extremely informative and entertaining.
(I am moving in 2 weeks and then going to the States immediately afterward for another two weeks. I'm going with or without this certificate because time isn't standing still and I'm tired of waiting for IRCC/Canada Post/Passport Canada to decide whether or not they'll allow me to move forward with life).

• Wow
Reactions: BOYX and Bunzie25

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
On the upside, if this delay does continue then pretty soon I'm going to be able to give the forum feedback on what happens if you try to re-enter Canada from the US as a Canadian citizen with no citizenship certificate and no passport. I'm sure the result will be extremely informative and entertaining.
(I am moving in 2 weeks and then going to the States immediately afterward for another two weeks. I'm going with or without this certificate because time isn't standing still and I'm tired of waiting for IRCC/Canada Post/Passport Canada to decide whether or not they'll allow me to move forward with life).
Wow! I can’t blame you at all. It’s maddening waiting for them. Everything is at a snails pace. I am hoping for your sake it will come/ get rectified before you leave.

Dreamer!

Feb 12, 2022
Help please, this is a nightmare..did my oath the 4th of november..still no certificate, I did several calls and mails. Even yesterday I called (afther almost half a day telling me no agents available, finally at 2.30 pm waiting time 50 minutes, and they said it was normal because of staff shortage. What can I do? Have to travel to Europe to my old mom who needs help. Thank you!

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Update:
Oath Feb 7th
Closed Feb 9th
I was able to reach an IRCC agent and he was very nice and open with the information. He advised the certificate was to be sent on the 21st but because it was a holiday they noted it would be sent on the 23rd. However, he does not see where it is noted that on the 23rd it actually was mailed. He stated he can see that I had some sort of urgent request as it’s noted to be sent express so he believes I should have it in the next few days. Fingers crossed!

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
I finally received the certificate!

My oath was on January 13 (Scarborough). Sent signed form right after the ceremony.
3 weeks after, no sign of certificate. I emailed them to confirm that they received my form. They said that the form was received, and certificate was mailed out on the 18th.

On February 10th - 4 weeks after the oath I emailed them again saying that it’s been 4 weeks since the oath and 3 weeks since they mailed it out. It shouldn’t take that long for Canada post to deliver it. I told them that most likely it was lost somewhere and requested to reissue the certificate and send it by the courier with a tracking number. To my surprise, they agreed and I received it 3 days later.

Conclusion: if it’s been more than 4 weeks, try to follow up with your processing office. They should be able to help you (Hopefully)

patienceandope

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
I finally received the certificate!

My oath was on January 13 (Scarborough). Sent signed form right after the ceremony.
3 weeks after, no sign of certificate. I emailed them to confirm that they received my form. They said that the form was received, and certificate was mailed out on the 18th.

On February 10th - 4 weeks after the oath I emailed them again saying that it’s been 4 weeks since the oath and 3 weeks since they mailed it out. It shouldn’t take that long for Canada post to deliver it. I told them that most likely it was lost somewhere and requested to reissue the certificate and send it by the courier with a tracking number. To my surprise, they agreed and I received it 3 days later.

Conclusion: if it’s been more than 4 weeks, try to follow up with your processing office. They should be able to help you (Hopefully)
Thanks for the information
How did you email them? using webform?

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi everyone. Not sure if you can help. My ceremony was on Feb 8th (husband and I). I received my certificate 3 days later in the mail, which was very surprising. But for some reason my husband's has not been received yet. Who should I contact after 4 weeks? The email we sent the oath form clearly states they will not provide status of our application. Is there a number I can call?There is no info on if it was sent on our application tracker. I am in BC, so not sure where to call or email. Thank you for your help and good luck to you all :)

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Received the certificates today (Spouse & Kid).
IRCC replied to our email that they were mailed on Feb-22, that came out to be true based on the stamp date on the envelope.
The oath was on Feb-9, Mississauga office

Reactions: Bunzie25

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
IRCC replied to our email that they were mailed on Feb-22, that came out to be true based on the stamp date on the envelope.
May I ask if you reside in Mississauga or Brampton? My oath was done on the 7th and I have not received my certificate from the Mississauga office. File closed on the 9th.

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
I and my daughter's Oath was also Feb 9th Mississauga office, I received only my certificate in the mail today but not my daughter's. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Should I wait a few more days before sending out an inquiry?