+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
My certificate was sent from NS office as well

Jan 27: Oath
Feb 7: file "Closed". IRCC told me that they dispatched the certificate on the same day
Feb 18: certificate received in Fredericton, NB. The date on the stamp was Feb 15.
So, when they say "dispatch" it could be just "sending the certificate to mailroom for processing"
Thank you, really appreciate it!

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
It's hard to believe how stupid and inefficient this entire process is, and yet right at the final step, they manage to exceed expectations once again. Today, I received two out of three of my family's citizenship certificates. And yet I'm not the least bit surprised.

• Sad
Reactions: Bunzie25

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi Guys, in the instructions me and my two sons received, its showing that each one of us has a different seat number entering zoom?! does that mean we have to use 3 devices?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys, in the instructions me and my two sons received, its showing that each one of us has a different seat number entering zoom?! does that mean we have to use 3 devices?
No. Write x/y/z as the zoom name, where x, y, z are different seat numbers. In the same instructions they say to use the same device if possible. They will help you in the registration

Reactions: SShehata

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
It's hard to believe how stupid and inefficient this entire process is, and yet right at the final step, they manage to exceed expectations once again. Today, I received two out of three of my family's citizenship certificates. And yet I'm not the least bit surprised.
Wow that’s beyond crazy. You’d think after waiting for so long and spending over $600 that they would get mailing the certificates right. These should be sent immediately after oath with tracking. I can’t wait for mine to come in the mail so I can be done with this. I hope you’ll receive the missing one soon and can close the books on this chapter. It’s ridiculous to be honest.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hello altruists,

It will be great if you are able to provide the answers:
1) After the OATH, how long it takes to get the citizenship certificate?
2) Any signature will be required for the citizenship certificate?
3) or the citizenship certificate will be delivered in the letter box?
4) When the tracker will be changed? right now the OATH is "processing".

Thanks in advance.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello altruists,

It will be great if you are able to provide the answers:
1) After the OATH, how long it takes to get the citizenship certificate?
2) Any signature will be required for the citizenship certificate?
3) or the citizenship certificate will be delivered in the letter box?
4) When the tracker will be changed? right now the OATH is "processing".

Thanks in advance.
1) 2-4 weeks.
2) No. It's sent using regular mail
3) Mine was delivered to the mailbox. Others said they received it by hand. If you have a parcel locker in your building, you can relax, because the certificate is folded to fit in small mailbox.
4) I would say within 2 weeks for most cases.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Let me join the waiting game so I don’t feel I’m alone.

Oath Ceremony - Feb 9
Application closed - Feb 16
Certificate mailed - Feb 21
CPC - Winnipeg

No idea when I’m gonna receive and I won’t panic until my 4th week :)
I received my certificate today. Applied as family, all the certificates are in one envelope. I’m finally done.

aurora2014

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Wow that’s beyond crazy. You’d think after waiting for so long and spending over $600 that they would get mailing the certificates right. These should be sent immediately after oath with tracking. I can’t wait for mine to come in the mail so I can be done with this. I hope you’ll receive the missing one soon and can close the books on this chapter. It’s ridiculous to be honest.
It's so frustrating. Canada Post misplacing one of the three was exactly what I was afraid of - and I predicted it might happen to my wife and my friend...
Still no sign of it today. Worst part is that I asked the officer prior to taking the oath if I could just go and pick the certificates up when they were ready and she said no.

Reactions: Bunzie25

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
It's so frustrating. Canada Post misplacing one of the three was exactly what I was afraid of - and I predicted it might happen to my wife and my friend...
Still no sign of it today. Worst part is that I asked the officer prior to taking the oath if I could just go and pick the certificates up when they were ready and she said no.
The entire process is a nightmare and needs to be revamped. Imagine waiting since 2019 and they can’t even get it right in the last leg. This causes me anxiety. I did my oath on the 7th and my file closed on the 9th. I have not received anything yet. I sent an email asking Mississauga to confirm if it has been mailed and no response. I have a flight on April and I did mention this. The clerk told me on the 7th she would mail my certificate on the 14th the latest. I live in Brampton how long does mail really take? Crazy. We should have gotten the option to pick it up after oath. At this point they are making excuses.