+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

skk90

Feb 16, 2022
Anyone from Ottawa has received their certificate recently ? I had my ceremony on December 15th and still waiting. File online hasn’t been closed either. Many in ottawa are experiencing delay it seems due to office closures thanks to the truckers. I’d appreciate an update from a fellow Ottawan.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Anyone from Ottawa has received their certificate recently ? I had my ceremony on December 15th and still waiting. File online hasn’t been closed either. Many in ottawa are experiencing delay it seems due to office closures thanks to the truckers. I’d appreciate an update from a fellow Ottawan.
Unfortunately Ottawa office is the worst in sending certificates. 2-3 months is the normal time. Some People from Nov oath haven’t received certificates yet. And then they had the truckers blocking their office. So it’s going to be even longer.

You can join the Ottawa thread if you want.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ottawa-applications.702017/page-50

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Hi Guys,

due to the passing of my mother I need to go back home ASAP to be with my dad.

My Oath Ceremony is next Saturday Feb 26th, and I was wondering if there is anyway to ask IRCC to expedite the dispatch of my Certificate?
I can`t wait the deadline of 4 weeks.

Thank you!
Yes, tell your agent and write in email with oath form. They can probably tell you how many days is the fastest and send by express Mail or pick up.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I am sadly now starting to come to terms that my certificate have now been lost! It was shipped on 31st of Jan from Nova Scotia and today I checked, still nothing, it's coming up to a month now. oh man, not sure what do next, I guess I have to wait the 6 weeks and call them again to re-issue, will I be able to ask them to use purolator instead of canada post this time around?

Anyone who had their oath January 27th who still have not received their certificate yet?

Last edited:

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
I am sadly now starting to come to terms that our certificates have now been lost! They were shipped on 31st of Jan from Nova Scotia and today I checked, still nothing, it's coming up to a month now. oh man, not sure what do next, I guess I have to wait the 6 weeks and call them again to re-issue, will I be able to ask them to use purolator instead of canada post this time around?

Anyone who had their oath January 27th who still have not received their certificate yet?
One of my friend in a similar situation had to send emails to the immigration minister to get the certificate after two months of waiting :(

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am sadly now starting to come to terms that my certificate have now been lost! It was shipped on 31st of Jan from Nova Scotia and today I checked, still nothing, it's coming up to a month now. oh man, not sure what do next, I guess I have to wait the 6 weeks and call them again to re-issue, will I be able to ask them to use purolator instead of canada post this time around?

I read someone received it after 2 months. Not sure about the details though. But yes, some experienced delays. I wish they sent certificates express with a tracking number. At least you would know where it is and if things at least progress.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I read someone received it after 2 months. Not sure about the details though. But yes, some experienced delays. I wish they sent certificates express with a tracking number. At least you would know where it is and if things at least progress.
The problem here is, I am supposed to wait exactly 6 weeks before I contact them again to re-issue, this will make it middle of March, the worry here is what is stopping it from happening again? if they still will send it using canada post then it might get lost again, is there a point where I could ask them for an option to pay for it be delivered using other carrier like purolator or UPS? Do they give that option say after two attempts of delivery?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The problem here is, I am supposed to wait exactly 6 weeks before I contact them again to re-issue, this will make it middle of March, the worry here is what is stopping it from happening again? if they still will send it using canada post then it might get lost again, is there a point where I could ask them for an option to pay for it be delivered using other carrier like purolator or UPS? Do they give that option say after two attempts of delivery?
I am not sure. Ask them to send it express the second time, but hopefully you will get before the 6 weeks mark. I am surprised your certificate was shipped from NS, although you are based in BC. We are talking from shore to shore basically. Was the office which administered the oath based in NS?

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
I am not sure. Ask them to send it express the second time, but hopefully you will get before the 6 weeks mark. I am surprised your certificate was shipped from NS, although you are based in BC. We are talking from shore to shore basically. Was the office which administered the oath based in NS?
Thanks, the office for oath was winnipeg but the application was originally handled by Nova scotia office so I guess thats why it go printed there? Not sure to be honest how they decide which office prints the certificates.

I am hoping they will agree to send them express delivery the second time around without insisting on a plane ticket or anything like that as we do not have any travel plans yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Let me join the waiting game so I don’t feel I’m alone.

Oath Ceremony - Feb 9
Application closed - Feb 16
Certificate mailed - Feb 21
CPC - Winnipeg

No idea when I’m gonna receive and I won’t panic until my 4th week :)

Reactions: cyberkodi

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021

My certificate was sent from NS office as well

Jan 27: Oath
Feb 7: file "Closed". IRCC told me that they dispatched the certificate on the same day
Feb 18: certificate received in Fredericton, NB. The date on the stamp was Feb 15.
So, when they say "dispatch" it could be just "sending the certificate to mailroom for processing"