+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
My tracker status still shows application and oath in progress (oath was done on 20th Jan and SCR office)… not sure how many days for this step to go to completed.
Why don't you try emailing them and just ask if your certificate has been emailed as some emergency cropped up and you need to apply for passport. Maybe they will respond..

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
My application is closed and complete JAN 19 and still waiting for the certificate.
My application shows closed today. I took my oath yesterday. Looks like Mississauga office is faster in closing and sending out certificates. The certificate is probably going to be mailed today.

Reactions: mogly and bluesami

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Did you try to email the office that hosted the ceremony? Mine was delayed for a month as they "forgot" to mail it out then they did a one-day express delivery.
Yes, I did send many many emails. I also requested for urgent procezs, but they don't reply.

Last edited:

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
That's correct. It was simply asked to sign both spots on the form and send the signed form back with the subject "JT"

The also mentioned that I can reply to the same email address the invite was sent from or just use the email address provided in the form as the recipient's address.
What does the Oath invite form contains? What is the purpose of replying to the email with JT?

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Please don't send the form now, you need to cut your PR and send it with the form after the oath. So you don't cut your PR now. You need to show your PR as an ID to the clerk in a private room on your oath day. However, you can prepare the form for that day. I guess the initial will be the person who print the certificate for you and review your PR cut. The clerk who you meet on Zoom is just the meeting coordinator and he/she checks your ID and is not the initial. Don't worry, on the oath day, they explain everything and take your questions :)
Hi, Just wanted to know the below mentioned details.
  • Do they verify the address on the file after Oath ceremony?
  • Is it possible to change the address after Oath ceremony?
  • Does changing the address delay the delivery of certificate?

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hi Guys,
Regarding status, everything is complete except Oath. I have not received Oath Ceremony email yet. Do you think changing the address will cause my application to shift to different office? or cause delay? I was thinking to change the address after the Oath ceremony. What do you guys think?

Reactions: akbardxb

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
How you tried to contact CIC ?
I just call no news they say I have to wait before the told me from 1 to 6 weeks now still waiting the call Center agent don’t know when I reply to the ceremony email to ask then 2 weeks a go nothing happen!!!!!!

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I just call no news they say I have to wait before the told me from 1 to 6 weeks now still waiting the call Center agent don’t know when I reply to the ceremony email to ask then 2 weeks a go nothing happen!!!!!!
I called today and they told me that according to the notes, my application was closed and certificate was sent on Jan 24 (the day of my oath). Mississauga office.

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Anyone took Oath on 21st January, Scarborough office? How long it may take to get citizenship certificate ??