+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All, I have a question regarding oath ceremony. I got the invite for it and it says that for emailing the oath form the subject line should be Oath Form - Conducted on Date & Time along with Clerk Initials.

Is this clerk, will be the person who will be verifying my details, address etc whose initials I need to put on the subject line? Can someone please confirm?

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Hi All, I have a question regarding oath ceremony. I got the invite for it and it says that for emailing the oath form the subject line should be Oath Form - Conducted on Date & Time along with Clerk Initials.

Is this clerk, will be the person who will be verifying my details, address etc whose initials I need to put on the subject line? Can someone please confirm?
Please don't send the form now, you need to cut your PR and send it with the form after the oath. So you don't cut your PR now. You need to show your PR as an ID to the clerk in a private room on your oath day. However, you can prepare the form for that day. I guess the initial will be the person who print the certificate for you and review your PR cut. The clerk who you meet on Zoom is just the meeting coordinator and he/she checks your ID and is not the initial. Don't worry, on the oath day, they explain everything and take your questions :)

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
January 13 oath, Scarborough office - no certificate yet

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi any one from Edmonton my ceremony was on December 16 2021 almost 6 weeks waiting I don’t understand what’s going on? Any one have same case? Thx

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hi any one from Edmonton my ceremony was on December 16 2021 almost 6 weeks waiting I don’t understand what’s going on? Any one have same case? Thx
How you tried to contact CIC ?

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did the admin officer tell you that if you send the signed form right after the oath, they will mail the certificate on Jan 13?
Based on the input on different forums, it seems that once an application is marked as Closed and Completed on the portal, that is the date the citizenship certificate is printed and mailed to you.

Reactions: Omegabyte

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Did the admin officer tell you that if you send the signed form right after the oath, they will mail the certificate on Jan 13?
No mentioning about that. Though the form was sent right after the oath. Really hope it will arrive this week

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Anybody from Ottawa got "closed" in application or certificate recently? They delay the certificates for more than 2 months, especially with "JT" officer.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Anyone with recent experience from Mississauga office?
Do they send certificate after the application is marked "Closed"? How long does it take after the application is marked "Closed"?
Thanks.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Anyone with recent experience from Mississauga office?
Do they send certificate after the application is marked "Closed"? How long does it take after the application is marked "Closed"?
Thanks.
My application is closed and complete JAN 19 and still waiting for the certificate.

Reactions: 116sg17

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody from Ottawa got "closed" in application or certificate recently? They delay the certificates for more than 2 months, especially with "JT" officer.
Did you try to email the office that hosted the ceremony? Mine was delayed for a month as they "forgot" to mail it out then they did a one-day express delivery.

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application is closed and complete JAN 19 and still waiting for the certificate.
My tracker status still shows application and oath in progress (oath was done on 20th Jan and SCR office)… not sure how many days for this step to go to completed and I assume certificate will be mailed out only after application status goes to “completed and closed”. Also I never got any acknowledgment or confirmation from SCR for receiving the oath forms which I sent immediately after the oath (which is the case for most of the other applicants at SCR)

I don’t know if I should send an email to SCR office asking for this update and the certificate. Any suggestions?

Last edited: