AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
This is not the first time. JT has done this before in June last year. You will see a lot of posts about this specific person in the forum.
Is JT the only certificate issuer in Ottawa do you think? My application is in Decision made, I expect to be called for oath soon but I am travelling in May (essential trip) and the whole certificate delay issue is worrying me. Do you think I can ask to pick it up if I have travel booked? cause in oath we'll cut the PR so I cant leave until Can passport comes back

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Is JT the only certificate issuer in Ottawa do you think? My application is in Decision made, I expect to be called for oath soon but I am travelling in May (essential trip) and the whole certificate delay issue is worrying me. Do you think I can ask to pick it up if I have travel booked? cause in oath we'll cut the PR so I cant leave until Can passport comes back

No. JT is not the only officer. I have seen other 2 letters for some people.

If you tell them during the oath registration that you need urgent processing, they will record that. Also you can ask if you can pickup in person the next day. I know someone who was able to pickup in person. But that was an exceptional case. Normally they don’t agree to pickup in person.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
No. JT is not the only officer. I have seen other 2 letters for some people.

If you tell them during the oath registration that you need urgent processing, they will record that. Also you can ask if you can pickup in person the next day. I know someone who was able to pickup in person. But that was an exceptional case. Normally they don’t agree to pickup in person.

Thanks I appreciate the reply, I will probably ask that cause with normal (ottawa) certificate wait + passport wait i would definitely not get it in time before my travel which is on the first of may. You think a ticket would be proof enough for them during the oath?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Thanks I appreciate the reply, I will probably ask that cause with normal (ottawa) certificate wait + passport wait i would definitely not get it in time before my travel which is on the first of may. You think a ticket would be proof enough for them during the oath?
Yes of course. Air ticket is enough as an evidence. All the best :)

abdullaqh

Sep 8, 2012
Hi I am in same boat my oath was on 24th of November application status is complete but still waiting for certificate I have send the declaration as well I have to travel at end of January due to some emergency back home should I go with out receiving certificate what will be the consequences as it is very important for me to travel .Seniors please advise me

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Hi I am in same boat my oath was on 24th of November application status is complete but still waiting for certificate I have send the declaration as well I have to travel at end of January due to some emergency back home should I go with out receiving certificate what will be the consequences as it is very important for me to travel .Seniors please advise me
Where is your processing office?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/ap

This should be helpful though I am not sure if someone did actually apply from outside of Canada or not.
@Orgcom applied for their passport from the US. May/May not be the same, but it's definitely possible. You just need your certificate to be included in the process. I wouldn't bank on getting back into Canada until the passport is in hand, however, so plan on spending some (potentially a lot of) time wherever it is you're going.

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016
Its almost 10 weeks now after oath.
Two week back, I called helpline and i was told my certificate is printed in Ottawa Office. But i still have not received it. How much time do they take to make shipping packet ready?
Anything that i can do to expedite ?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Its almost 10 weeks now after oath.
Two week back, I called helpline and i was told my certificate is printed in Ottawa Office. But i still have not received it. How much time do they take to make shipping packet ready?
Anything that i can do to expedite ?
this is actually absurd. if you have a reason to expedite it try emailing them on CIC-OTTAWA-CITIZENSH@cic.gc.ca