+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Which email are we talking about?
I got only 1 email with oath instructions.. and oath is on Monday.. I didn't get any other email with any invite code to register account..
Please suggest.
The email has a pdf attachment for downloading the e-certificate has the invitation code.
If you didn't get the code go here
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal
Then go here to create an account
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en

Last edited:

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
The notice to appear email has a pdf attachment which has the invitation code along with the links to create the portal and download the e-certificate.
If you didn't get the code go here
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal
Then go here to create an account
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signup?lang=en
I got one email which has pdf attached.. and inside pdf it says "NOTICE TO APPEAR: Ceremony To Take the Oath of Citizenship by Video "

Is this email and pdf are you talking about?

If yes, which page or heading has the code you mentioned? Only code I can see in pdf is meeting passcode to join zoom meeting.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I got one email which has pdf attached.. and inside pdf it says "NOTICE TO APPEAR: Ceremony To Take the Oath of Citizenship by Video "

Is this email and pdf are you talking about?

If yes, which page or heading has the code you mentioned? Only code I can see in pdf is meeting passcode to join zoom meeting.
Sorry I just checked, the invite code comes in the email for downloading the e-certificate, which is a separate email. Check your spam..you don't need an email for it, you can generate your own invite code.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmat

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
@Calgary222 I'm wondering for minor children what's the official requirement regarding their oath form?

Should we send an empty oath form for the minor child (since they are under 14, no need to sign)? Or should we simply not send anything (the Notice To Appear seems to say there's no need to send anything for minor). Would you mind sharing some thoughts? Thanks!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
@Calgary222
Finally got the certificate. Heading the Passport office in the morning.
Next challenge is surrender of India PP and obtaining Visa. Not sure what is going to happen there!
Phew
@Cannnada
Congrats on getting your child's certificate. I'm wondering if you needed to submit their Oath Form in the same email with your oath form (without signing them)? Or did you only need to email yours? Please share your experience. Thank you!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Yes, do not send the oath affirmation for minor. They’ll process the application of minor since they did not take the oath.
If it’s a family, they will process together with other adults
Hi @Doom__V would you mind sharing more on this? Were you able to get your child's certificate, without sending in the oath form for them? Was there any delay of this? Hoping to learn about your experience. Thank you!!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
@Calgary222 I'm wondering for minor children what's the official requirement regarding their oath form?

Should we send an empty oath form for the minor child (since they are under 14, no need to sign)? Or should we simply not send anything (the Notice To Appear seems to say there's no need to send anything for minor). Would you mind sharing some thoughts? Thanks!
I was planning not to send my child's oath form who is under 14 but I have decided to send a blank oath form(not signed) so they don't forget to upload her certificate.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
I was planning not to send my child's oath form who is under 14 but I have decided to send a blank oath form(not signed) so they don't forget to upload her certificate.
Thanks. My concern is that if you send a blank oath form (which IRCC already has) it may cause some confusion because this is not being asked for anywhere. Have there been cases we can refer to where people did NOT send the oath form for the child and was able to get their child's certificate without delay?

It seems the child's File Number (first page of the Notice To Appear) is the same as the the parent's File Number (File number is not application number). So I feel like child's applications are linked to parent's application anyway. I hope that this means they won't miss uploading the certificate.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Thanks. My concern is that if you send a blank oath form (which IRCC already has) it may cause some confusion because this is not being asked for anywhere. Have there been cases we can refer to where people did NOT send the oath form for the child and was able to get their child's certificate without delay?

It seems the child's File Number (first page of the Notice To Appear) is the same as the the parent's File Number (File number is not application number). So I feel like child's applications are linked to parent's application anyway. I hope that this means they won't miss uploading the certificate.
It doesn't really matter whether you choose not to send it or send a blank oath form. They will understand either way.

Reactions: gamzoog

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
How do you know that?
When you enter the zoom link and you enter the seat numbers and cut the PR cards- they come to know that you have applied as a family and even before that they know how many members and what not.
So when you don't send the oath form- They already know and if you do, they will think it was sent by error, just my thoughts!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
When you enter the zoom link and you enter the seat numbers and cut the PR cards- they come to know that you have applied as a family and even before that they know how many members and what not.
So when you don't send the oath form- They already know and if you do, they will think it was sent by error, just my thoughts!
Also the child's "file number" is the same as parent's application number. So I think they will know that it's a family application. In my opinion it's best to stick to the exact instructions per the Notice To Appear though. That way it will never be incorrect because you have an actual instruction to refer to.