+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
@gamzoog In my case, I did receive a seperate email to download the e-certificate for my child but I wasn't able to create a seperate account for her-kept getting the invalid code which means we don't need another separate account for minors- we can download their certificates with our own account.
@Calgary222

Thanks so much for your reply! In your case, how soon were you able to download minor's certificate from your own account after the oath? And after the oath when sending the Oath Form, do we need to do anything for the minor? Thank you so much!!

Reactions: desmat

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you..just to re-confirm; I don’t need to create any separate account for my kid and I will be able to download it from my account ( from where I downloaded my certificate)?
yes, you can even download all the certificates (including your spouse's) from a single account

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
yes, you can even download all the certificates (including your spouse's) from a single account
Hi @CABA - may I ask if you were able to actually download all the certificates from a single account? I'm also curious if you might know how soon will minor's certificate be available after the Oath (because they don't participate in the oath, nor do they send the Oath Form). Thanks!

CharlyCY

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Burnaby, BC
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
13-02-2021
Did oath ceremony in Vancouver on Dec 4th. Replied email within one hour. I haven't received my invitation code email since then. I checked tracker https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/ and it says application has been closed/completed on December 5th. Calling IRCC. Update: received email with invitation code. Email subject Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about *Application NumberXXXX*

Last edited:

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hi @CABA - may I ask if you were able to actually download all the certificates from a single account? I'm also curious if you might know how soon will minor's certificate be available after the Oath (because they don't participate in the oath, nor do they send the Oath Form). Thanks!
yes - I was able to download from one account for my partner and I. What I have heard is that minor's certificate is generally available next day when you get your certificate. If it's beyond 5 business days of oath - contact at the same email id where you sent your oath form

Reactions: gamzoog

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
@Calgary222

Thanks so much for your reply! In your case, how soon were you able to download minor's certificate from your own account after the oath? And after the oath when sending the Oath Form, do we need to do anything for the minor? Thank you so much!!
Our oath is on Dec 19, we just made the account for downloading the e-certificate. I think the minor's certificate becomes available a day later than yours but you should still call if your times comes if you don't receive the minor's certificate. Minors under 14 don't need to have their oath forms signed. Also you don't need to send back their oath forms.
You can download the minor's certificate with your own account.

Reactions: gamzoog

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Did oath ceremony in Vancouver on Dec 4th. Replied email within one hour. I haven't received my invitation code email since then. I checked tracker https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/ and it says application has been closed/completed on December 5th. Calling IRCC. Update: received email with invitation code. Email subject Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about *Application NumberXXXX*
You could have gone to the link below if IRCC hadn't sent you the the invite code but I know you already got the code.
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Our oath is on Dec 19, we just made the account for downloading the e-certificate. I think the minor's certificate becomes available a day later than yours but you should still call if your times comes if you don't receive the minor's certificate. Minors under 14 don't need to have their oath forms signed. Also you don't need to send back their oath forms.
You can download the minor's certificate with your own account.
We can create account even before oath?

Do I need to create it for all family members who got oath invite including minor?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
We can create account even before oath?

Do I need to create it for all family members who got oath invite including minor?
You can create the account as soon as you get the email, even before oath.
Every adult member can create an account. We couldn't make the account for our child since we got an invalid code and that's okay since you get to download the minor's certificate with your own account.
My spouse and I created 2 seperate accounts to avoid confusion but one account would also do.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
You can create the account as soon as you get the email, even before oath.
Every adult member can create an account. We couldn't make the account for our child since we got an invalid code and that's okay since you get to download the minor's certificate with your own account.
My spouse and I created 2 seperate accounts to avoid confusion but one account would also do.
Which email are we talking about?
I got only 1 email with oath instructions.. and oath is on Monday.. I didn't get any other email with any invite code to register account..
Please suggest.