+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Office: Scarborough

How long will it take to get Citizenship certificate if I email them right after the ceremony? My online oath is scheduled for 11/23/2023.

Thanks
Did you get it or still waiting?
If yes, how many days did it take to recieve after oath?

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
I applied via paper and noted on my application I'd like my certificate via paper, but I am open to an e-cert. My question is, if I applied on paper will the only thing in the account I would need to create be the e-cert? Are the online application and e-cert systems different? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2023
Hi anyone, anyone from around 16 Nov ceremony date got their certificate from Mississauga office (clerk: MB) ?
I also have the same question. Anyone from around 16 Nov ceremony date got their certificate from Mississauga office (clerk: MB) ? I have waited for 27 days...

Last edited:

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All..I and my wife were able to download citizenship certificates from our respective accounts but my 8 year old son's citizenship certificate is still not available...I used my account for his citizenship application so I was assuming I will be able to download it from my account but it's not there.
Can anyone please confirm if there is a different process for downloading citizenship certificates for minors

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi All..I and my wife were able to download citizenship certificates from our respective accounts but my 8 year old son's citizenship certificate is still not available...I used my account for his citizenship application so I was assuming I will be able to download it from my account but it's not there.
Can anyone please confirm if there is a different process for downloading citizenship certificates for minors
I think the minor's certificate becomes available a day later after yours but do call and make sure.

Reactions: thepharmaguy

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Thank you..just to re-confirm; I don’t need to create any separate account for my kid and I will be able to download it from my account ( from where I downloaded my certificate)?
I have the same question - hopefully you could confirm on this once you are able to download. But did you receive a separate email (about how to download e-certificate) for the child with their own invitation code? Or is it just the adults that receive the invitation code?

Dec 11, 2023
I had my ceremony on the 16th November as well (same as Mississauga Office) with the same clerk "MB" and I'm still waiting for my certificate. FYI, I asked for a Paper Certificate instead of e-certificate and thought maybe that was delaying things but surprised to see even others are affected by this. My application on the tracker is still open and no new update on it yet.
Have you received certificate by any chance?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
@gamzoog In my case, I did receive a seperate email to download the e-certificate for my child but I wasn't able to create a seperate account for her-kept getting the invalid code which means we don't need another separate account for minors- we can download their certificates with our own account.

Reactions: gamzoog