+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
@Calgary222
Finally got the certificate. Heading the Passport office in the morning.
Next challenge is surrender of India PP and obtaining Visa. Not sure what is going to happen there!
Phew
you would need the passport for surrender and surrender certificate for entry Visa or OCI - so has to be done sequentially

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
you would need the passport for surrender and surrender certificate for entry Visa or OCI - so has to be done sequentially
Applied for passport yesterday. Monday will receive it. Have tickets for India on 16th. Not sure if I should surrender now and apply for visa or got India on surrender there and take exit pass?
Any suggestions please!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Applied for passport yesterday. Monday will receive it. Have tickets for India on 16th. Not sure if I should surrender now and apply for visa or got India on surrender there and take exit pass?
Any suggestions please!
Evisa does not need surrender certificate.. so If you travelling with evisa and surrendering indian passport in india then why do you need exit pass?

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Evisa does not need surrender certificate.. so If you travelling with evisa and surrendering indian passport in india then why do you need exit pass?
@desmat
I know that you replied me another thread. So, you are saying, we can obtain eVisa with Canadian passport even though we have valid India passport?
(Will Immigration accepts this at arrival of border control in India)
Yes, If I travel on eVisa I just need surrender certificate for OCI. I dont need exit pass. Since my entry and exit will be on Canadian PP.

Nov 29, 2023
For anyone that has not received e-certificate yet, these are the steps I followed (after googling and looking through multiple forums). FYI I had my oath on Nov 14, 2023 and sent the signed oath form back the same day. However, I did not get the certificate till today Nov 29, 2023. I believe the officials don't receive the initial signed email that you send for some unknown reasons. Nevertheless, here are the steps I followed. Not sure if it would help your case but it definitely did mine.
1. Go to this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application
2. Select 'Add a document to your application' and continue to the form
3. Fill in the details and under what did you apply for select - citizenship and under what application did you submit - grant
4. Under tell us about your request - yes, you asked me to add the document(s)
5. Under the please explain box let them know that it has been more than 5 business days since you submitted your oath and you haven't received your e-certificate and that you have attached a copy of signed oath document (see step 6 below)
6. *Important* re-attach your original submitted signed oath document
7. Review and submit your request

In my case, I received the e-certificate the next day. Good luck!

Reactions: another MB victim

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Any suggestions please!
Get e-visa - you will get in 1-2 days. You can surrender the passport even in India (it's only INR 500) and come back get OCI from Canada

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
@desmat
I know that you replied me another thread. So, you are saying, we can obtain eVisa with Canadian passport even though we have valid India passport?
(Will Immigration accepts this at arrival of border control in India)
Yes, If I travel on eVisa I just need surrender certificate for OCI. I dont need exit pass. Since my entry and exit will be on Canadian PP.
That's right - you don't need to show Indian passport anywhere

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
my partner had an oath ceremony administered from Calgary office and the clerks initials are MB - what are the odds it's the same MB
Must be a different MB. The one i've heard horror stories about is from Mississauga.

I myself had my ceremony administered in Calgary and got my ecertificate within 4 business days.