+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
I've seen people reporting to get the citizenship certificate a few hours after oath ceremony which means the actual process to upload it doesn't take long.
I tried every single method to contact them calls, emails, webform and they acknowledge everything but the officer is uploading my certificate.

25may2k7_applicant

Jul 14, 2017
Islamabad
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-10-2017
I've seen people reporting to get the citizenship certificate a few hours after oath ceremony which means the actual process to upload it doesn't take long.
I tried every single method to contact them calls, emails, webform and they acknowledge everything but the officer is uploading my certificate.
Were you asked to write clerk name in “oath form” email subject? Like in my case was told to write “Violet” in email subject.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Were you asked to write clerk name in “oath form” email subject? Like in my case was told to write “Violet” in email subject.
Yes, I wrote the initials like mentioned. On call they’ve confirmed 10 days ago that form has been received. It’s only the officer who’s not uploading it.
Same officer has been providing others after 4 weeks. My case is urgent as I’ve an sick family member that I need to visit and it’s wayyy above their published 2-5 business days timeline.

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Yes, my mailing address is also in Ontario.
@bulls23 @smhsmh - From this thread it looks like you may have received paper certificates already. I selected paper when I applied, and I am wondering if you happen to know if they are sent to the mailing address on file or the home address on file? Thank you!

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Another day slowing passing by … and I’m so helpless that I can’t do much because they’re not willing to do their work.

I’ve sent tickets to mark it as urgent.
Normal processing time is 2-5 days, an urgent request should be within this time to get certificate earlier, now with more than 3 weeks I’m even ashamed that I still have to call it urgent and the officer is least bothered.

Reactions: Bob73

Bob73

Nov 11, 2023
Another day slowing passing by … and I’m so helpless that I can’t do much because they’re not willing to do their work.

I’ve sent tickets to mark it as urgent.
Normal processing time is 2-5 days, an urgent request should be within this time to get certificate earlier, now with more than 3 weeks I’m even ashamed that I still have to call it urgent and the officer is least bothered.
Do you have any update from other particpants in 24th Oct. ceremony ?

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
From forum search, the ones that commented got it, except for obviously the one with this one officer.
People even get it a few hours after ceremony and it’s been more than 3 weeks, it’s not even a paper certificate.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
By the time they'll help (bureaucracy) the travel dates are gone. It's not like we're stuck at background check or eligibility. It's a certificate that just needs to be uploaded.
If I don't get in next 2 days then it doesn't matter if I get it next year or two years after because I didn't get when I needed to travel.

Mar 18, 2020
I agree this really sucks, I have already missed one of business trip and looks like I am on track to miss the next one. It’s really embarrassing to express this to people .

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Yea, it wouldn't have matter if I had the PR card or had I known it will take this long I would have postponed by Oath by a few months.