+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Background:
2023-SEP-20 0800 AB TIME: Virtual oath with the Edmonton Office, sent signed oath form as instructed right after the oath.
2023-SEP-22 1500 PST: Gave IRCC Call Centre a call to inquire about my e-certificate (has not been able to download it), was told that they have not received my oath form. Sent again using my original email, an alternative email, and webform.
2023-SEP-25 1500 PST: Still nothing. Gave IRCC Call Centre a call, and was told that they only received my oath form on 2023-SEP-22, so the 2-5 business day started from that day.

TLDR: The 2nd agent explained that, sometimes these ceremony agents can be slow in "processing" oath forms, as oppose to simply "receiving" them, and the 2-5 business day wait time starts from whenever they claim to "have processed" our oath forms (kind of inreasonable isn't it? lack of transparency eh? but this is Canada and we are citizens now so it shouldn't surprise us eh?).

ukp90

Star Member
Apr 9, 2022
took online oath Sep 26 office scarborugh, did anyone here got e- certificate

email subject line gave the format as shown in instructions and then IRCC clerk name
message body said
kindly find attached signed form.

Is there anything to do make sure we get e cert or do we have to mention again in the email body that we need ecert, during registeration they confirm and i said yes i need ecert

took online oath Sep 26 office scarborugh, did anyone here got e- certificate

shanmuk

Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone,
I had my Online Oath ceremony on 20th September and emailed the signed oath on the same day. I received the acknowledgement email but I'm yet to receive the citizenship certificate online.
My application tracker is showing citizenship ceremony as yet to start (when i had finished it)

Any insights?

Also I see some people suggested web form but I don't see the option to attach in the form. Is there a specific link?

Reactions: L0VEL1VER

anuKukreti

Sep 13, 2018
Hey are you able to access IRCC Portal, any update?
They responded to the webform saying the document has been added to my file and on-call said they received my oath certificate via webform this Monday. No e-certificate yet but they said should be available with 3-4 days. What about you? got the e-certificate?

shanmuk

Jan 10, 2018
They responded to the webform saying the document has been added to my file and on-call said they received my oath certificate via webform this Monday. No e-certificate yet but they said should be available with 3-4 days. What about you? got the e-certificate?
Hi, do you get an email when there is a response to the web form query?
Also, it seems impossible to reach IRCC over the phone

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
No e-certificate yet, Mine was added to the file on Friday.

shanmuk

Jan 10, 2018
Call them exactly at 8 am.
I was able to get through to the IRCC on call.
They said they cannot see my signed oath on the application yet.(even though I sent the email on the same day and raised a web form today)

May I know how we will get a response on web form? Is it to out email Id?

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
I was able to get through to the IRCC on call.
They said they cannot see my signed oath on the application yet.(even though I sent the email on the same day and raised a web form today)

May I know how we will get a response on web form? Is it to out email Id?
It will be an acknowledgement of the received form. you might have it in a day or two.

Reactions: shanmuk

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
I had my Online Oath ceremony on 20th September and emailed the signed oath on the same day. I received the acknowledgement email but I'm yet to receive the citizenship certificate online.
My application tracker is showing citizenship ceremony as yet to start (when i had finished it)

Any insights?

Also I see some people suggested web form but I don't see the option to attach in the form. Is there a specific link?
I am on the same boat. I did my virtual oath with the Edmonton office, and I have not been able to access my e-cert from ircc portal.

• Sad
Reactions: shanmuk

ramyac1

Sep 28, 2023
same my oath was done on sept 14, no e certificate yet, they received it twice my oath form the officer is MB. Let me know if you guys get the certificate

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Any luck yet?