+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Ikramsw

Oct 9, 2017
Waiting for my certificate since May 31 ,2023
My oath ceremony was July 10, and still haven't received my citizenship certificate. I contacted IRCC on Aug 18 and they confirmed that my certificate was mailed out July 24. They won't be able to do anything or issue me another certificate until early Sept
My oath ceremony was July 10, and still haven't received my citizenship certificate. I contacted IRCC on Aug 18 and they confirmed that my certificate was mailed out July 24. They won't be able to do anything or issue me another certificate until early Sept which is 6 weeks after original certificate being mailed out. Anyone has similar situation or know what to do? Also wondering if there is any chance I can ask for e-certificate? cuz my application was sent last year so I didn't have the option to get e-certificate when I applied. Thanks.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Same. Nothing for me too (but it's early here on the west coast). I will check back again in a few hours.
Going back to my earlier question - Are we getting an error because we have already used our account to download one certificate? There is no way to find out I guess

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
Going back to my earlier question - Are we getting an error because we have already used our account to download one certificate? There is no way to find out I guess
No, that's not the reason - I can confirm. My wife used her new account to try and download my certificate yesterday and wasn't able to. So, our files really haven't been closed yet for some reason.

One theory is that they might be sorting the oath forms by last name, so the closer the first letter of your last name is to Z, the longer it will take - but who knows!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
No updates here, its now almost 20 days .. no signs of e-certificate on the portal. Can anyone suggest what to do next ?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
No, that's not the reason - I can confirm. My wife used her new account to try and download my certificate yesterday and wasn't able to. So, our files really haven't been closed yet for some reason.

One theory is that they might be sorting the oath forms by last name, so the closer the first letter of your last name is to Z, the longer it will take - but who knows!
That theory is no good either, my last name starts with A lol.

I just called IRCC and they asked me to resend the oath affirmation form via email and explain the urgency of my travel. Until someone physically acknowledges receipt of oath affirmation, the system cannot generate the e-certificate.

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
That theory is no good either, my last name starts with A lol.

I just called IRCC and they asked me to resend the oath affirmation form via email and explain the urgency of my travel. Until someone physically acknowledges receipt of oath affirmation, the system cannot generate the e-certificate.
Haha then I don't know! When I called them on Friday, they said they have received my form, so I guess I'll just have to wait more. Btw, what do they mean by "physically acknowledge the receipt of oath affirmation"?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Haha then I don't know! When I called them on Friday, they said they have received my form, so I guess I'll just have to wait more. Btw, what do they mean by "physically acknowledge the receipt of oath affirmation"?
They have received your form and still dont have certificate :?That doesnt make sense to me. If it was in the system on Friday, you should have the e-certificate by now.

I mean someone needs to physically enter into the system that your oath form has been received.

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
Hmm yeah they said they have received my form and are processing it. They didn't ask me to resend it. So, I don't know.

I think by physically entering into the system, they mean they need to sign on the bottom section of the form and then enter/upload it in the system.