+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Jiajia4

Mar 27, 2023
Yes e-certificate is mentioned. Looks like the oath ceremony is paper only one. You can reply to the email and check. Also on oath date you can discuss the same with the oath officer. Only caveat is they may reject your request or ask you to reschedule.
Thanks for the response. I have replied the email to check this issue.

theup60

Feb 25, 2023
Hello guys, may I know anyone has an update regarding paper certificate who finished the oath on July 05, Calgary

BB123

Jul 4, 2023
Hello everyone, I had my online oath ceremony on 2023 July 13th, after the ceremony I returned the oath form to the IRCC Edmonton. But today (2023 July 18), I found in the email subject line I wrote the wrong initial of the clerk 's name. And my tracker has no update, the citizenship ceremony is in progress. What should I do? Anyone in this situation before? I will appreciate any advice. Thank you.

iriskandy

Star Member
Feb 13, 2023
For others who are looking to change to eCertificate from Paper Citizen Certificate:

Just after I received my oath invitation email,
I sent an 'Request to change to eCertificate' email to the email id provided in the pdf of Oath Ceremony instructions, with all my details and explaining why I am requesting the change (employment based travel - need eCertificate to process Passport quickly).

Within 4 four hours, they approved by request by sending an email confirmation and instructions on how to download ecertificate. And now I will be given eCertificate after Oath ceremony.

From my understanding, looks like we have higher chances to get ecertificate if we approach them before the ceremony. Looks like the day of ceremony is too late to ask for a change.

Reactions: Alsalma

grps0012

Jun 23, 2015
Hello,

My Oath ceremony was on 18 July, 2023 and I’m still waiting on the e certificate. It keeps saying it’s not available to download yet. Is there anybody else who have oath before me or on July 18, 2023 still waiting for certificate???