+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Received the "Please find the instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate) in the attached document." email twice now and still can't download the e-cert. First email on Friday, second email this morning. Hopefully I can download it later today!
I was able to download my E-certificate tonight.

Checking out - thanks everyone and good luck!

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
The oath was done on June 28. Received e-cert link on June 29 and downloaded it right away. Tracker still shows in progress
thanks everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: kexx999

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Hello, anyone else taken virtual oath on 1st June from Mississauga office still waiting for their certificate to be mailed out?

Kunzy

Jun 21, 2023
Ya, I remember, family was f 5, same story here, I am calling repeatedly and sending web forms but they don’t bother :(
It is frustrating that you still don't have it yet. . 4wks already. Do you have any other cause of action to take? Or just waiting it out with hope it turns up today or next week? Wishing you luck.

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
It is frustrating that you still don't have it yet. . 4wks already. Do you have any other cause of action to take? Or just waiting it out with hope it turns up today or next week? Wishing you luck.
I know it’s so frustrating, I won’t get it today as I had called in the morning and it’s still not mailed out. There is nothing left from my end, on Monday morning they already attached the signed oath form I had sent through web form. I guess it’s just a waiting game, it just depends on their mood and fancy, when they feel like they will mail it , no heed to so many calls and web form requests citing urgency.

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Nothing really - check the certificate option - if you have been selected for e certificate or paper or if you have a choice you need to respond as per timeline indicates. The last page is the oath form which you need to sign after the ceremony and send it to the email ID indicated - you can either print, sign and scan or take a photo of the signature and sign via Adobe Reader (instruction in your path invite PDF). Good luck!
Thanks Karthik for your revert. Did you get your passport? how long it took for you to get it..! Also I believe for Indian passport you need to apply OCI? Where will I see certificate option? in the email for oath? I am yet to get the email .. just got message on tracker that its on July 11th

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Hello everyone,

i am new to this forum. i have filled my citizenship application in Nov 2020. I got update on June 15th for completion of all formalities, however Citizenship Ceremony in not started yet. Can some one gives me an idea of timeline it will take to from this step now. cos my Indian passport is already expired and i am still not sure whether i should renew my Indian Passport or await for Citizenship to get Canadian passport.

if its taking a while , i should renew my Indian passport otherwise if it is quick from this step i shall wait.

thanks in advance

Kunzy

Jun 21, 2023
I know it’s so frustrating, I won’t get it today as I had called in the morning and it’s still not mailed out. There is nothing left from my end, on Monday morning they already attached the signed oath form I had sent through web form. I guess it’s just a waiting game, it just depends on their mood and fancy, when they feel like they will mail it , no heed to so many calls and web form requests citing urgency.
Hey, any luck with your certificate? Did you receive it?