+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Update:

I finally received my certificate this evening June 26 about 6pm. Purolator delivery.
Goodluck to everyone waiting. I must say it feels great to have the process completed. Such a relief.

All the best
That’s great news! Congrats! What message did u leave there, like some urgency or something since they couriered you instead of normal mail. They got my signed form today but idk when they will mail it out or courier it I hope for faster delivery.

Kunzy

Jun 21, 2023
That’s great news! Congrats! What message did u leave there, like some urgency or something since they couriered you instead of normal mail. They got my signed form today but idk when they will mail it out or courier it I hope for faster delivery.
I would say I got lucky that my plight fell on the right ears and they took actions.

The message I left was quite consistent and It goes back to as far as my experience renewing my PR card.

Any time I call an agent, I always start with "hey, I am not calling to hassle you or be a pain in your butt today, as i understand the back log and system overload, but I really need you help to look into this issue for me. It's really important I get some answers so I can know my next steps" 95.5% you can hear them say sure, what do you need? and I get answers and help.

Email/Webform
Left a clear message about my situation, my past experience with canada post(which they have on file), what I need from them, suggestion on how they could help me and why they need to help me.

In this case me being able to go on tour was part of the reasons as I work in performance music.

I believe you will get yours soon. Fingers crossed and luck shine on you.

Kunzy

Jun 21, 2023
@Kunzy purolator not Canada post? Interesting..
Definitely interesting, I believe they have the power to make things work and sometimes depends on situations, how lucky you are to get someone who decides to go far and beyond to solve your issues.

All I could do is to make them see reasons why I needed my certificate in the time they had stipulated, it was left to them to do it or not.

Balanced mind

Jun 25, 2023
UPDATE:

Got an email today saying that they’ve rectified the issue and that I should be able to download the e-certificate. Tried it immediately and voila, I was able to download the certificate. But then I saw an error- the effective date of citizenship was written as June 20 instead of June 8(when I did my oath). I sent an email asking if it can be corrected. They gave me a call some hours later to let me know that they have fixed the issue and to try to download the new certificate. I tried it and it worked. Certificate now reads June 8. Btw, tracker still shows application in progress.

To anyone who’s still waiting for their certificate, I know how anxious you must be. Hang in there and don’t let anything steal your joy.

Hi! My timeline is similar to yours.
Oath ceremony: June 8 (Calgary)
Oath ceremony updated to completed: June 20 (updated June 22) but tracker still reads in progress
I’ve called IRCC several times and sent several emails asking for the certificate to be processed urgently to the point where they shredded the hard copy certificate they said they had printed and sent me instructions on how to download the e-certificate on June 20. Been trying to download the e-certificate since then but I keep getting the message “your certificate is not available. Please check back 2-5 business days after you’ve provided your signed Oath form.”

I work and live abroad and only travelled to Canada for the Oath ceremony. Was supposed to travel back last week, but I’ve had to postpone my return trip to the first week in July. Fingers crossed and hoping I get it before then. This whole situation is quite nerve wracking.

Last edited:
Reactions: saba_nik

DSEuro78

Jun 18, 2017
Is the certificate delivered by Purolator or Canada post? I'm still waiting and nothing yet...

UPDATE: it arrived by Canada Post (not registered neither).

Last edited:

matthewctrl

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Received the "Please find the instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate) in the attached document." email twice now and still can't download the e-cert. First email on Friday, second email this morning. Hopefully I can download it later today!

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
Received the "Please find the instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate) in the attached document." email twice now and still can't download the e-cert. First email on Friday, second email this morning. Hopefully I can download it later today!
When was your oath? Hopefully you can download anytime keep us posted :)

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
HI guys what are further steps once you receive Oath ceremony email can some one please guide..I am an Indian passport holder

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
same here, I got one during the OAth and one just now but still cant download it. have you called them? I might try to call them later today.

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
So I called IRCC. he said we just uploaded your oath from yesterday which is important and a good sign. you need to keep trying to download for the next 3 business days and I was laughing, and he was as well.

lets see

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
HI guys what are further steps once you receive Oath ceremony email can some one please guide..I am an Indian passport holder
Nothing really - check the certificate option - if you have been selected for e certificate or paper or if you have a choice you need to respond as per timeline indicates. The last page is the oath form which you need to sign after the ceremony and send it to the email ID indicated - you can either print, sign and scan or take a photo of the signature and sign via Adobe Reader (instruction in your path invite PDF). Good luck!

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Oath date 1st of June ( 5 family members)
Mississauga office.
It's frustrating and funny at the same time.
I told my wife during cermony that " I doubt this agent MB will handle things properly". By my management experienced I judged this.
Tracker sill showing inprogress.
A call made on given number and she said wait 6 weeks.
I said for what?
Certificated already printed before cermony ( that's I assume though because they handover certificated at the time of in-person cermony).
She said,send signed form again and I again said,why ? I have an anowledgement of receipt and I am not responsible if somebody cannot download attachments from the email.
Anyway,I submitted webform with attachments just to be safe.1 week more passed, still shown as inprogess.
I will see next week.
Looks like some administrative mess up in Mississauga office.
Hello, did you get any further update on your certificate? Have they mailed it yet?