+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

thisismyname

Jun 12, 2023
Had my Oath the same day, any chance you are dealing with the SCR Office?
@thisismyname - As for the number, I believe it is - 1-888-242-2100
Thanks, last time I called they said most likely it's prepared but they couldn't say for sure. I'm not sure how they're telling certain candidates that their certificates are printed

jfam2016

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife had Oath on June 14th and got the e-cert delivered in 4-5 hours. I took and applied for passport today, but my tracker still says in progress :rolleyes:!!!

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
My wife had Oath on June 14th and got the e-cert delivered in 4-5 hours. I took and applied for passport today, but my tracker still says in progress :rolleyes:!!!
Just wondering how did you ask for e-cert, did you send them an email or you advised them during the oath ceremony?

jfam2016

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wondering how did you ask for e-cert, did you send them an email or you advised them during the oath ceremony?
During the ceremony on the breakout room with the officer, just casually asked if we can get e-cert. She made a note of it and said will send instructions to download.

Thanks!

Reactions: lcpng

jfam2016

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your prompt response, I am hoping to ask for e-cert as well. :)
But don't send an email like me upfront :( .. I asked them can I get e-cert, the response was OK we will cancel your virtual oath now and add it to the queue later point so that you can get e-cert. :eek: ... Immediately responded not to change anything leave it as it. is..:D:D..was thinking already spent lot of time, no more waiting...

So just ask them during the call with officer in the breakout room.. I'm not sure it's going to work out for all, but worth the ask.

Reactions: lcpng

lcpng

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
But don't send an email like me upfront :( .. I asked them can I get e-cert, the response was OK we will cancel your virtual oath now and add it to the queue later point so that you can get e-cert. :eek: ... Immediately responded not to change anything leave it as it. is..:D:D..was thinking already spent lot of time, no more waiting...

So just ask them during the call with officer in the breakout room.. I'm not sure it's going to work out for all, but worth the ask.
Shoot! I just sent them an email yesterday. But didn't get a response yet, hopefully they will not respond. HAHA! That's kinda weird to cancel your ceremony when you just want your e-cert. Geez!

Moguchka

Jun 25, 2014
Edmonton
I have an update:
Ceremony: May 18th
Called IRCC June 13th - Was told the certificated has not been sent. Was advised to submit a web form (due to urgency)
Submitted a webform on June 13th
Called IRCC June 14th - was told the certificate was sent on June1st
Called IRCC today (June 15th) - was told the certificate was sent on June 1st
Received the certificate today (June 15th). The stamped date on the envelope is June 12