+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Moguchka

Jun 25, 2014
Edmonton
I am not sure if you guys noticed or it was posted before but this is what is written on page 3 of the Notice to Appear (Ceremony):

You shouldn’t finalize any travel plans until you get your citizenship certificate and then your passport. Before applying for a passport or other government services, you will require your paper citizenship certificate. It may take up to approximately 2 to 4 weeks to receive it. For up-to-date passport information, please consult the Canadian passports and other travel documents: Applying in Canada webpage.

My wife has been waiting for the certificate for 4 weeks now. We called IRCC yesterday and were told that it has not been even sent. The IRCC agent advised us that we should wait for 6 weeks and call them back then. We have a trip in 20 days and made a decision to proceed with the oath based on the writing above and conversation with the agent prior to the ceremony.

I think we should push IRCC by submitting Webforms, calling IRCC and contacting your local MP (I think they will be happy to help you since you can vote after becoming a citizen). IRCC looks really unprofessional and incompetent.
Just called IRCC again and were told that the certificated was mailed on June 1st...

Reactions: Greninja

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello, My oath ceremony is scheduled for 1 July at an in-person event in Saskatoon. I am yet to receieve a formal invite, but the IRCC rep who called me said that I will be given a paper certificate at the time of ceremony.
She also said that I will be able to use it for passport application after 48 hours.
I did not realize this over phone, but does any one know what is the 48 hours constraint here?
I think they need this time to share your new citizenship information with the passport office.

kenfan

Jun 5, 2023
Hi!

I finished my oath on May 30, 2023. Tracker is closed on June 7. (Your citizenship application status: Closed)

I just called them, they said that citizenship certificate mailed out on June 6 from Vancouver.

I am still waiting for citizenship certificate? Any one did the oath on May 30 and still not receive certificate ? (Oath Office : Edmonton)

Reactions: Greninja

Greninja

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hi!

I finished my oath on May 30, 2023. Tracker is closed on June 7. (Your citizenship application status: Closed)

I just called them, they said that citizenship certificate mailed out on June 6 from Vancouver.

I am still waiting for citizenship certificate? Any one did the oath on May 30 and still not receive certificate ? (Oath Office : Edmonton)
which office is processing your file ?

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Should I be concerned that it is 18 days since I took my oath and my tracker has not been updated for a month nor have I received my certificate?
My tracker closed on May 20th oath was conducted by Edmonton office on May 16th, Certificate sent by Vancouver office on May 24th, Still waiting to receive it in the mail…

Jimmy4574

Mar 23, 2019
Hi!

I am still waiting, oath May 17(Edmonton office), certificate sent from Vancouver on May 24

Jimmy4574

Mar 23, 2019
Same as you certificate sent by Vancouver on May 24th still waiting for it…
I called them yesterday, they said sometimes it takes up to 6 weeks to get it, but I think they have not sent it yet, I checked Canada Post delivering times from Vancouver to Alberta and ii is 2 days

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
I called them yesterday, they said sometimes it takes up to 6 weeks to get it, but I think they have not sent it yet, I checked Canada Post delivering times from Vancouver to Alberta and ii is 2 days
So trueeee… let’s hope for the best.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
My tracker still hasn’t been transitioned to closed over a week after oath!