+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

thisismyname

Jun 12, 2023
Technically the Calgary office? To clarify, I think my file is with the Vancouver office (as per GCMS notes, MP etc) but the oath email came from Calgary, my oath form also had the calgary email address.
Maybe you should call IRCC to find out if there's any delay

Jimmy4574

Mar 23, 2019
I had the ceremony on May 17 ( Edmonton office), tracker was closed on May 24, no certificate yet, i have been trying to call but the line is having high number of calls always, any advice???

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I had the ceremony on May 17 ( Edmonton office), tracker was closed on May 24, no certificate yet, i have been trying to call but the line is having high number of calls always, any advice???
Call early in morning or just before the closing time. You will get thru.

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
Thanks for your advise , I will try my chance .

how long it took for you to get the e cert after oath ? @Sohaib89
@Sohaib89 i did what you told me I sent email to the invite I received and below what they respond :

——-
Please note that we offer the possibility of receiving an electronic certificate to certain people who submitted their application before January 4, 2023.

Your permanent resident card will need to be cut during the ceremony. Consequently, if you want to travel without worries, it would be better to postpone your ceremony until after your stay outside Canada. You will be called again at a later date according to our processing times.

For more information, you can contact the IRCC Call Center at 1-888-242-2100

——

I feel it’s a generic email what do you think ?

Sohaib89

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
@Sohaib89 i did what you told me I sent email to the invite I received and below what they respond :

——-
Please note that we offer the possibility of receiving an electronic certificate to certain people who submitted their application before January 4, 2023.

Your permanent resident card will need to be cut during the ceremony. Consequently, if you want to travel without worries, it would be better to postpone your ceremony until after your stay outside Canada. You will be called again at a later date according to our processing times.

For more information, you can contact the IRCC Call Center at 1-888-242-2100

——

I feel it’s a generic email what do you think ?
Did you mention to them that you were planning on traveling soon. If yes, then this is not generic and I feel one should never tell them that one plans to travel soon. If you did not tell them, then this is definitely a generic email. Also looks like yours is Montreal office. Mine is Niagara and they have been cool with the e-certificate and accept the request from anyone who wants it. Here is the body of the email I sent and they were quick to respond positively:
"
Hi,
Hope you are doing well. I have my virtual oath on June 13th and was wondering if I can opt for the e-certificate. That way I will not have to wait for the physical certificate. If possible, please opt me in the e-certificate option.
"

Last edited:
Reactions: Sara_3107

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Still waiting for the citizenship certificate to receive in mail.
Oath completed on May 16th
File closed on May 20th
Certificate sent by Vancouver office on May 24.

wonder how May days Canada post to deliver a mail from Vancouver toAlberta????

Jimmy4574

Mar 23, 2019
Still waiting for the citizenship certificate to receive in mail.
Oath completed on May 16th
File closed on May 20th
Certificate sent by Vancouver office on May 24.

wonder how May days Canada post to deliver a mail from Vancouver toAlberta????
Same situation here, oath completed on May 17, I changed my address that day and no certificate yet, called this morning and the agent told me the certificate was sent on May 24 to my previous address, they did not have my new one on the system, now I do not what to do, they asked me to call back in July, unbelievable.

Eve2019

Sep 8, 2020
Oath completed on June 6th (Vancouver)
During the check in I asked the clerk if I can receive an electronic certificate instead of paper one for me and for my kid. She said sure, no problem.
I received 2 separate emails with instructions on how to download the certificate 5 min after(for me and for my kid).

Status changed to "Closed" on June 7th (tracker was updated on June 9th). Still not able to download certificates.

Portal shows this message:
There were issues submitting your form.
  • Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hey mine was closed on the 9th of June but it was updated today from the Mississauga office. You should check your tracker
Thanks for the note, and yes, I checked this morning and same as you, closed today and the update was June 9. Wondering if they’ve mailed it