+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
I don't have that option as I am out of the country and the number is usable in Canada only. I appreciate the advice though :) I left a message on their webform in hopes I get a response.
You can reach them from abroad if works I used to call during the PR days

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
One thing the call center agent told me which I thought was a little comforting, she said if we don’t receive your oath form 2 days after the ceremony we will email you asking for it. I didn’t get such email, yet another agent said there is no indication that we’ve received it. So confused! I sent again last Friday, I hope I hear something back this week

husky ginger

Feb 13, 2019
MB/SK office.
Oath taken: April 11
file closed: May 25 (long story)
No certificate yet! I live in Vancouver area. I feel I should reach the call centre to find if they have mailed it out or not.

Yvr2022

Feb 21, 2022
MB/SK office.
No certificate yet! I live in Vancouver area. I feel I should reach the call centre to find if they have mailed it out or not.
Hi my oath was after you, in may. Also with SK office and I live in Vancouver. I emailed the signed form the same day of oath day. I called 2 weeks after my oath to inquire about the certificate and the call centre agent told me that it was sent on May 20 to the mailing address I put on my application. When I received my certificate almost a month after my oath, the stamp on the manila envelope shows May 30 and it was sent to my current address instead of the mailing address I originally put on my application and I confirmed via web form and phone call to the call centre.
In my opinion SK office could be a bit slow and disorganized when it comes to mailing citizenship certificate.

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
MB/SK office.
Curious to know the long story, just to learn from other experiences

husky ginger

Feb 13, 2019
Hi my oath was after you, in may. Also with SK office and I live in Vancouver. I emailed the signed form the same day of oath day. I called 2 weeks after my oath to inquire about the certificate and the call centre agent told me that it was sent on May 20 to the mailing address I put on my application. When I received my certificate almost a month after my oath, the stamp on the manila envelope shows May 30 and it was sent to my current address instead of the mailing address I originally put on my application and I confirmed via web form and phone call to the call centre.
In my opinion SK office could be a bit slow and disorganized when it comes to mailing citizenship certificate.
Yep, they're definitely not the most efficient office around! Now people are getting e-certificate while I am waiting for my paper one so desperately!

husky ginger

Feb 13, 2019
Curious to know the long story, just to learn from other experiences
Well I left a posting before, it seems SK/MB office forgot to process my oath form. I figured that out when I spoke to a call centre agent 5 weeks after the oath, the agent said he didn't even see my oath form in my file. So I sent my oath form again, the office replied that my form wasn't received at the first place(Of course I do have an evidence of sending the form in my gmail account!). My status was finally closed after the email, and I am still waiting!

Reactions: Keatonkc

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Well I left a posting before, it seems SK/MB office forgot to process my oath form. I figured that out when I spoke to a call centre agent 5 weeks after the oath, the agent said he didn't even see my oath form in my file. So I sent my oath form again, the office replied that my form wasn't received at the first place(Of course I do have an evidence of sending the form in my gmail account!). My status was finally closed after the email, and I am still waiting!
Hope you will get it this week

thisismyname

Jun 12, 2023
Hey everyone, is there anyone who took their oath on June 7th and received confirmation on their tracker account that their oath was completed? The processing office is the Mississauga office and the ceremony was virtual.

Thanks!

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
How long have people here waited to have their tracker updated to closed after oath? It’ll be a week for me tomorrow, still “in progress”

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
what office did you take your oath with?
Technically the Calgary office? To clarify, I think my file is with the Vancouver office (as per GCMS notes, MP etc) but the oath email came from Calgary, my oath form also had the calgary email address.

Snachar

Oct 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-09-2018
Anyone received their certificate from DN MB SK office who took the oath on May 15 ? Still waiting for mine. It’s been 4 weeks now and still nothing.

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hey everyone, is there anyone who took their oath on June 7th and received confirmation on their tracker account that their oath was completed? The processing office is the Mississauga office and the ceremony was virtual.

Thanks!
May 29 Mississauga office still shows in progress, I got a ghost update on May 31 but nothing changed, still shows in progress