+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Oath completed on May 16th Still waiting for certificate, file closed on May 20th, No idea what’s Vancouver office doing with my certificate?

Snachar

Oct 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-09-2018
Any one had oath on May 15 with DN MB SK office and received their certificate? I haven’t received mine yet.

Jimmyb0y

Mar 11, 2020
Any one had oath on May 15 with DN MB SK office and received their certificate? I haven’t received mine yet.
Me neither, same day and location for Oath. I called IRCC yesterday they said the Winnipeg office is busy and not yet process and mail out the certificate.

Bravered

Feb 20, 2019
I’ve been scheduled for virtual oath ceremony on June 19 (Scarborough Office).

In order to expedite the receipt of Citizenship Certificate, I replied to the oath invitation email asking whether I could receive e-certificate instead of paper certificate.

I got a response saying that to switch to e-certificate, my oath ceremony will have to be rescheduled to June 29 instead.

I have travel coming up on July 10 and was wondering if I should stick to the original invite or switch to the new one.

In both cases, it seems to be too tight of a turnaround to receive the citizenship certificate and process request for express passport prior to July 10 travel day.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

In order to expedite the receipt of Citizenship Certificate, I replied to the oath invitation email asking whether I could receive e-certificate instead of paper certificate.

I got a response saying that to switch to e-certificate, my oath ceremony will have to be rescheduled to June 29 instead.

I have travel coming up on July 10 and was wondering if I should stick to the original invite or switch to the new one.

In both cases, it seems to be too tight of a turnaround to receive the citizenship certificate and process request for express passport prior to July 10 travel day.
Both ways you would get the certificate around the same time in ideal scenario. If they dispatch paper one faster and Canada post delivers on time it may even be earlier compared to e-certificate.

Reactions: Bravered

Bravered

Feb 20, 2019
Both ways you would get the certificate around the same time in ideal scenario. If they dispatch paper one faster and Canada post delivers on time it may even be earlier compared to e-certificate.
Yes, feels like too much of a risk to ask them to change the oath ceremony date for marginal gain. Thanks for reassuring!

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Super congratulations; i'm not as lucky, took oath on the 18th same office and to date no uodate and not recieved and ai have a urgent trip on the 16th to be around for a criticial surgery for my father....... but so far no luck... sent an email no response... called yesterday they said no indicarion on file...../ called today and it wont even let me go theu due to "high volume" ... basically a nightmare.....
Try sending an email to the same email where you sent your oath confirmation.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON

This is why they say, not to confirm travels until you have your passport. 19th is a good day as it falls on a Monday. So you have all five work days of the week. I did my oath on 16 May and received the certificate (hard copy) on 29th May. Hopefully you will still be able to get your passport (Expedited process with extra fee and evidence to prove the upcoming travel) by July 10.

Reactions: Bravered

Bravered

Feb 20, 2019
This is why they say, not to confirm travels until you have your passport. 19th is a good day as it falls on a Monday. So you have all five work days of the week. I did my oath on 16 May and received the certificate (hard copy) on 29th May. Hopefully you will still be able to get your passport (Expedited process with extra fee and evidence to prove the upcoming travel) by July 10.
Thanks for the best wishes.

I had given up hope of getting an oath ceremony invite (pending LPP and oath invite since test completed on Nov 7, 2022) and had applied for Schengen visa in March using my Indian passport to travel to Europe in July.

Fingers crossed it works out.