+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hey! I remember it was AM, during the 1 PM ceremony, I just called the call center and they said there is no indication that the certificate was mailed our which puts me in an extremely difficult situation as I have an urgent booked trip on the 16th of May and I don't know what to do now!
Mine was also the 1pm ceremony. I already had to postpone a trip because of not having received the certificate in time. So annoying and stressful.
I wouldn't fully trust what they say on the phone though. I have called a few times already and they've given me conflicting information.
Did they say why it wouldn't have been mailed out even though it's been almost 3 weeks after the ceremony?

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
Mine was also the 1pm ceremony. I already had to postpone a trip because of not having received the certificate in time. So annoying and stressful.
I wouldn't fully trust what they say on the phone though. I have called a few times already and they've given me conflicting information.
Did they say why it wouldn't have been mailed out even though it's been almost 3 weeks after the ceremony?
They didn't say anything on the call center... said that the office had up to 6 weeks to email it!! Which ia a conflict to the actual ceremony they said it takes 2-4 weeks to get!!

Did you try to email the office? I emailed them this morning but no response

david1196

Dec 19, 2018
Did you send them an email saying you had a planned trip? I ask because I had my oath on May 29th and have a trip planned for June 22nd. Mississagua office.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
They didn't say anything on the call center... said that the office had up to 6 weeks to email it!! Which ia a conflict to the actual ceremony they said it takes 2-4 weeks to get!!

Did you try to email the office? I emailed them this morning but no response
I haven't tried emailing them. Let me know if they reply back to you, please.

Did you send them an email saying you had a planned trip? I ask because I had my oath on May 29th and have a trip planned for June 22nd. Mississagua office.
I told the clerk during my ceremony that I had a trip planned, asked if I could pick up my certificate at their office in person rather than having it mailed, to which they replied they don't process urgent requests, do not offer pick up services and offered to reschedule my ceremony.
When I sent my oath form after the oath, I even included my flight confirmation and asked them to mail the certificate as soon as possible, but that also does not seem to have had any effect on how they handled my case.

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
I haven't tried emailing them. Let me know if they reply back to you, please.

I told the clerk during my ceremony that I had a trip planned, asked if I could pick up my certificate at their office in person rather than having it mailed, to which they replied they don't process urgent requests, do not offer pick up services and offered to reschedule my ceremony.
When I sent my oath form after the oath, I even included my flight confirmation and asked them to mail the certificate as soon as possible, but that also does not seem to have had any effect on how they handled my case.
I hear youit is extremely stressful and unnnecessary ..... please keep me poated if you hear back from them

Reactions: felipeoxavier

kenfan

Jun 5, 2023
Finished the oath on May 24th. Tracker is still open and has not been updated since the 12th. Edmonton office. I asked for the e-certificate through email and in the pre-ceremony identification on the day of the oath and they did not give me the option.

Has anyone else from Edmonton around this time gotten their certificate in the mail?
Same Edmonton Office. Finished the oath on May 30. Tracker is still in progress.

david1196

Dec 19, 2018
I called the IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and they told me the citizenship office left a note on June 3rd saying my certificate will be mailed on June 5th. Hopefully it's coming soon.

Reactions: SK8819

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
I called the IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and they told me the citizenship office left a note on June 3rd saying my certificate will be mailed on June 5th. Hopefully it's coming soon.
Oh Man good news for you!! For me they juat said "no indication" which is super bizzare

kenfan

Jun 5, 2023
Hi!
I finished my oath on May 30, 2023. In my tracker, it still show citizenship ceremony in progress.

Office : Edmonton

How long should i wait until it is complete and close??
Updated:
I Just called IRCC. They said that my citizenship certificate will mail out today. Office is Vancouver.

Djeinj

May 20, 2023
You can call them? Could I have the number please? Or is it possible to email them? I am currently in another country so e-mail would be amazing to check the status as the tracker has not been updated in almost a month.

kenfan

Jun 5, 2023
You can call them? Could I have the number please? Or is it possible to email them? I am currently in another country so e-mail would be amazing to check the status as the tracker has not been updated in almost a month.
Call the IRCC at 1-888-242-2100.

david1196

Dec 19, 2018
Got my certificate this morning in my mail box. Canada post stamped on June 3rd. Mississauga office. See my signature for rest.

Reactions: SK8819

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
Got my certificate this morning in my mail box. Canada post stamped on June 3rd. Mississauga office. See my signature for rest.
Super congratulations; i'm not as lucky, took oath on the 18th same office and to date no uodate and not recieved and ai have a urgent trip on the 16th to be around for a criticial surgery for my father....... but so far no luck... sent an email no response... called yesterday they said no indicarion on file...../ called today and it wont even let me go theu due to "high volume" ... basically a nightmare.....

Reactions: halifax1