+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
I'm interested in knowing if applicants who applied before January 2023 are also eligible to receive an e-certificate. If so, could you please explain the procedure for obtaining it?

Sohaib89

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
I'm interested in knowing if applicants who applied before January 2023 are also eligible to receive an e-certificate. If so, could you please explain the procedure for obtaining it?
Just send an email to the email ID you received your oath confirmation from and request them to opt in the e-certificate. I have my oath scheduled on 13th June (Niagara Falls Office) and sent them the request last week. They accepted it and now I will be getting the e-certificate. I am June 2021 applicant.

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Just send an email to the email ID you received your oath confirmation from and request them to opt in the e-certificate. I have my oath scheduled on 13th June (Niagara Falls Office) and sent them the request last week. They accepted it and now I will be getting the e-certificate. I am June 2021 applicant.
Thank you, but currently I have only completed the LPP stage and have not yet received an invitation for the oath ceremony. So, do I need to wait until I receive the oath invitation and then request the e-certificate using the same email?

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
Has anyone taken the oath on the 18th of May( +/- 2 day) thru the Mississauga office revieved thier Certificate yet? ( Especially if you are Mid/downtown Toronto)

Reactions: felipeoxavier

siloman

Feb 18, 2022
i had Virtual Ceremony at the Mississauga office on May 19 and today Jun 5 I got the certificate, thanks everyone for all your support and knowledge sharing, I am sure all of us make our Country great
i update my Signature for full detail of my timeline

kenfan

Jun 5, 2023
Hi!
I finished my oath on May 30, 2023. In my tracker, it still show citizenship ceremony in progress.

Office : Edmonton

How long should i wait until it is complete and close??

Djeinj

May 20, 2023
Finished the oath on May 24th. Tracker is still open and has not been updated since the 12th. Edmonton office. I asked for the e-certificate through email and in the pre-ceremony identification on the day of the oath and they did not give me the option.

Has anyone else from Edmonton around this time gotten their certificate in the mail?

Reactions: kenfan

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Has anyone taken the oath on the 18th of May( +/- 2 day) thru the Mississauga office revieved thier Certificate yet? ( Especially if you are Mid/downtown Toronto)
My oath was through the Mississauga office and exactly on the 18th of May. I'm located in midtown Toronto. No certificate yet.
I know a couple of people who also did their ceremony on the 18th were also from the Mississauga office, they received theirs yesterday.
Really hopeful mine will finally come today. Let me know if you get yours! Also, do you remember your officer initials by any chance?

Last edited:
Reactions: SK8819

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
My oath was through the Mississauga office and exactly on the 18th of May. I'm located in midtown Toronto. No certificate yet.
I know a couple of people who also did their ceremony on the 18th were also from the Mississauga office, they received theirs yesterday.
Really hopeful mine will finally come today. Let me know if you get yours! Also, do you remember your officer initials by any chance?
Hey! I remember it was AM, during the 1 PM ceremony, I just called the call center and they said there is no indication that the certificate was mailed our which puts me in an extremely difficult situation as I have an urgent booked trip on the 16th of May and I don't know what to do now!