+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Those who received their certificate from Calgary office? Was it by Canada post regular mail or Xpresspost? Was there any "Do Not Forward" endorsement on the mail.

Any response will be very much appreciated as I have a mail forwarding service and would not like my certificate returned to IRCC.
My wife received it earlier from SK office, it is a regular mail to your mailbox and do not fold sticker only

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
My wife received it earlier from SK office, it is a regular mail to your mailbox and do not fold sticker only
Thank you very much. This is very reassuring as I have a mail forwarding service with canada post. I was afraid they might return it to IRCC.

Meanwhile has anyone received their certificate on mail forwarding service?

I updated my mail with Canada post, but for some reasons, IRCC still mailed it to my old address, confirmed by the agent I called yesterday.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
i called this : 1-888-242-2100

you can wait for the automated message where asks for your UCI, pin it in, then go as below so you don’t have to wait for all the automated messages:
1-3-4-2-0
Thanks Sepidnour this really helped. I got an option for call back and they called me back so that I did not have to wait on the line.
IRCC says they mailed/prepared the certificates on Feb 22nd ( a day after the Oath) however yet to receive, should I send an email to the office handling the case that I have not received or wait for 6 weeks (does it really take 6 weeks to reach?) to do so? Or raise a webform query?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepidnour

Sepidnour

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Nomination.....
2018-08-23
AOR Received.
01-03-2022
Thanks Sepidnour this really helped. I got an option for call back and they called me back so that I did not have to wait on the line.
IRCC says they mailed/prepared the certificates on Feb 22nd ( a day after the Oath) however yet to receive, should I send an email to the office handling the case that I have not received or wait for 6 weeks (does it really take 6 weeks to reach?) to do so? Or raise a webform query?
You’re welcome!

no idea, i might just send a webform myself.

Jina2022

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hello guys, I just received my certificate, It’s been sent out on March 3rd, my ceremony was on February 22,and my file changed to closed on February 28. Sk office and I live in Vancouver Thank you everyone for your help hope you all get your certificate ASAP

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how long (usually) it will take to receive the certificate after the oath ceremony? Any response is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

hellokit

Feb 28, 2023
Hello guys! I need urgent processing of my Citizenship certificate after the oath due to work in US.
  1. Can I simply ask them to expedite it for me due to work travel and show my plane tickets? What if I am planning to drive?
  2. If not, then What sort of letter do I need to get from my US employer to request an urgent request? I mean what should be the contents?
  3. Does it need to be from my US employer directly to IRCC asking for expedited request? Or can it be simply a letter from my US employer stating “to whom it may concern” and that I am needed back at work physically on a specific date?
  4. Does it need to be in a specific document format? And on company’s letterhead? With my manager’s credentials and contact details?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
the case is closed and got the congratulation status

I sent an IRCC webform and they replied that they mailed out the certificate on March 2nd
I finally got mine today (March 10) and applied for the passport on the same day

surprisingly no waiting at passport office and straightforward process

Reactions: SK79

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know how long (usually) it will take to receive the certificate after the oath ceremony? Any response is very much appreciated.
My wife 10 days and me almost a month

we have the oath on the same day. so it is really so random and depends

Reactions: Hila.sym

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hi everyone,
2 to 4 weeks, but comes earlier. Once your status is completed, start checking your mail.

Reactions: Hila.sym

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
I finally got mine today (March 10) and applied for the passport on the same day

surprisingly no waiting at passport office and straightforward process
Congratulations. I will apply for passport next week. My certificate arrived 2 days ago.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hello guys! I need urgent processing of my Citizenship certificate after the oath due to work in US.
  1. Can I simply ask them to expedite it for me due to work travel and show my plane tickets? What if I am planning to drive?
  2. If not, then What sort of letter do I need to get from my US employer to request an urgent request? I mean what should be the contents?
  3. Does it need to be from my US employer directly to IRCC asking for expedited request? Or can it be simply a letter from my US employer stating “to whom it may concern” and that I am needed back at work physically on a specific date?
  4. Does it need to be in a specific document format? And on company’s letterhead? With my manager’s credentials and contact details?
In your case, I will advise you not to write to IRCC in advance. You can just talk to the agent conducting the checks during the ceremony. I think its faster that way. I sent them an email in advance and my request was denied, meanwhile those who talked to the agent on same day had theirs approved, because it's live and depending on your situation they may show some empathy.

Meanwhile, they would usually approve for emergency cases, like bereavement, illness, etc. For instance, if an applicant need to travel due to illness of a family member/relative.