+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

ap299

Apr 1, 2019
I have an oath ceremony scheduled for March 22. Listed at 10:15 (Time Zone)(Canada) - not actually stating what particular time zone. I’ve emailed to clarify what time zone they mean but does anyone else know if this is just EST?
Also just learned that I won’t be able to just access the citizenship certificate online (applied before Jan ‘23 and only an option if they invite you to get an e-certificate) have travel plans from April 6-10 and wondering if the mailed certificate will be in by then or if that’s wishful thinking?

btran28

Mar 6, 2023
So frustrated, wife did oath back in December /14/2022. We followed up with the email, but no response. We dont need it yet, as we have no travel plans yet, but did anyone ever had or heard it being this long?

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
I have an oath ceremony scheduled for March 22. Listed at 10:15 (Time Zone)(Canada) - not actually stating what particular time zone. I’ve emailed to clarify what time zone they mean but does anyone else know if this is just EST?
Also just learned that I won’t be able to just access the citizenship certificate online (applied before Jan ‘23 and only an option if they invite you to get an e-certificate) have travel plans from April 6-10 and wondering if the mailed certificate will be in by then or if that’s wishful thinking?
You can try calling the IRCC number too, to see if they know what timezone it is.
And yes, e-certificates are not available for the old applicants. The shipping time for certificates varies widely, in most cases its at least 2 weeks. You have about 10 working days between your oath and travel, I would say it will definitely be cutting very close. If possible, I would reschedule the travel.

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
So frustrated, wife did oath back in December /14/2022. We followed up with the email, but no response. We dont need it yet, as we have no travel plans yet, but did anyone ever had or heard it being this long?
That's exceptionally long. Did you try to contact them through phone. The agent's on the phone are usually able to tell if it was shipped out.

Reactions: btran28

btran28

Mar 6, 2023
That's exceptionally long. Did you try to contact them through phone. The agent's on the phone are usually able to tell if it was shipped out.
No we havent phone them yet. We both work long hours, and dont have enough time on our breaks to call them. Looks like we're gonna have to take a day off to do this. I heard best times to call are early and near end of the day.

meghalp

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
anyone waiting for citizenship certificate from Niagara office? how long it takes for Niagara office to send a certificate after oath?

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
No we havent phone them yet. We both work long hours, and dont have enough time on our breaks to call them. Looks like we're gonna have to take a day off to do this. I heard best times to call are early and near end of the day.
I know it is terrible. Sorry you are having to go through this. It might be worth taking the day off to call them and sort it out. I have had days where the call gets through in the first attempt, and days where it doesn't connect all day. Try to avoid Monday and Friday afternoons. I have noticed their lines are most busy then.

Reactions: btran28

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
How long does it take for certificates to be mailed out from Calgary office?

Jina2022

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hi everyone, I haven’t received my certificate yet,my ceremony was on February 22,sk office,and I’m in Vancouver, I really need my passport,is there any way to track my certificate?

rush171

Star Member
Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone, I haven’t received my certificate yet,my ceremony was on February 22,sk office,and I’m in Vancouver, I really need my passport,is there any way to track my certificate?
You can try calling the IRCC customer number and see if it has been shipped out.

Reactions: Jina2022

borgams

Aug 9, 2022
Hey - not sure if helpful, but my ceremony was on the 22nd and I'm in Vancouver too. Certificate arrived today.

Reactions: Jina2022

Jina2022

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
Hey - not sure if helpful, but my ceremony was on the 22nd and I'm in Vancouver too. Certificate arrived today.
Congratulations,do you know when your application got closed?mine got completed February 24 and updated February 28,thank you for your reply,and one more question,your office was SK?

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
You can try calling the IRCC customer number and see if it has been shipped out.
ECAS status now showing as completed, meanwhile my online profile still showing oath in progress. When should I be expecting the certificate?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
My ceremony was feb 15 and still nothing