+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks, Niagara office is very slow as far as I understand.
Yes, but at our ceremony on Dec 6 we were told upfront that the certificates will reach us later than the usual 4-6 weeks due to the holiday season. So, I've decided to live stress-free until March 2023 ;) I'll start pulling my hair out if the certificate hasn't reached me by April ;)

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi All,
I took my oath on 9th Nov 2022(virtual, SCR) and my status was closed on Nov 25th 2022. Still waiting for my certificate. I was told it will take around 4-6 weeks to receive my certificate. Strange enough today my online status was once again changed to In-Progress not sure why.
Anyone of the same timeline and situation?

Also what is the number to call them and any inputs to get through the call quickly?

Wakanda

Dec 14, 2022
My Oath Ceremony is schedule on June 22, today I called IRCC for address change, as per agent if that's the case and If I change the address, then auth ceremony might get reschedule due to address change as my local office processing my file move the file to different office.
Now I moved to new location just recently and if I show my Driving license during oath ceremony will it cause any issue ?
Did you done the oath ceremony? Have you changed address before oath?

TotaAyo

Nov 10, 2022
Hi everyone,
I received update in my tracker telling me the date of my ceremony. It said that invitation sent to me but I received nothing!

Is this normal?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi All,
I took my oath on 9th Nov 2022(virtual, SCR) and my status was closed on Nov 25th 2022. Still waiting for my certificate. I was told it will take around 4-6 weeks to receive my certificate. Strange enough today my online status was once again changed to In-Progress not sure why.

Also what is the number to call them and any inputs to get through the call quickly?
I took my oath on Dec 6 and a few days afterwards my oath status changed to "not started".

I'm not too worried as it seems like either a system glitch or update.

Good luck to us!

Reactions: nrc1978

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Hi All,

Best shot is to write to same email address from where you received oath invitation/you sent signed oath affirmation. They might respond you within week or so about your certificate status.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Best shot is to write to same email address from where you received oath invitation/you sent signed oath affirmation. They might respond you within week or so about your certificate status.
We were told at the oath ceremony to write to that email if we hadn't received our certificates in 6 weeks.

Good luck to all of us still waiting.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi,

I called up IRCC today and as per them the certificate has been mailed out on Nov 14th itself, not sure why i have received it as yet. They asked to wait until 26th Dec (6 weeks from oath) and if i haven't received by then need to call them back. So waiting...

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
Hi All,

We are in the same boat. Nov 9th, virtual, Niagara office. My status never changed to closed, oath ceremony shows still in progress. They told us 2-4 weeks though. But still nothing yet.

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
I tried this 2 times, received a reply saying this email is used only for sending documents, they want me to fill out the web form which they never reply to.