AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Update on my certificate. I emailed the IRCC office a few minutes ago to inquire when/if the certificate had been mailed and explained again it is urgent. I received the standard "we will not reply" auto-response, but then received a second email that had a weird txt file. They actually replied (in the txt file) saying my certificate has been mailed on April 7.

So, the date your file is closed is not the date your certificate is mailed!

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

lm2022

Apr 12, 2022
Virtual Oath Ceremony on April 05. I sent the signed forms right after the Ceremony.
Case closed April 06 (Scarborough office)
Certificates sent on April 07 (I sent an email to the same email address and the lady kindly confirmed shipping date).
Citizenship Certificate received April 12.
Thank you Canada!!

Reactions: aacan

Canpy

Sep 26, 2021
Friends, quick logistics questions to folks who completed their Oath in Vancouver - We just completed our oath ceremony. Right after the ceremony we emailed the signed form to the email they had shared. How do we know they actually received the email without any ACK? In past, whenever I would email IRCC, I would get an instance auto reply - that way I would know that at least email has been delivered in their inbox. But this time - nothing. So just curious - If you attended oath Ceremony in Vancouver, how was your 'email' experience? Did you receive any auto message to your email? Did you try calling/emailing them again to confirm.

Will deeply appreciate any experiences you can share.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Friends, quick logistics questions to folks who completed their Oath in Vancouver - We just completed our oath ceremony. Right after the ceremony we emailed the signed form to the email they had shared. How do we know they actually received the email without any ACK? In past, whenever I would email IRCC, I would get an instance auto reply - that way I would know that at least email has been delivered in their inbox. But this time - nothing. So just curious - If you attended oath Ceremony in Vancouver, how was your 'email' experience? Did you receive any auto message to your email? Did you try calling/emailing them again to confirm.

I dont think any office would send you an acknowledgement...Thats just the way they work. Rest assured, your oath forms must have been received. Look for your tracker to update as "Closed" in the next few days.

Canpy

Sep 26, 2021
I dont think any office would send you an acknowledgement...Thats just the way they work. Rest assured, your oath forms must have been received. Look for your tracker to update as "Closed" in the next few days.
Thank you for your response. I was more curious about the auto-response. In past I had emailed to the same email and I received an auto-reply immediately. Since I didn't get it this time, It made me wonder if the email got delivered or not.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your response. I was more curious about the auto-response. In past I had emailed to the same email and I received an auto-reply immediately. Since I didn't get it this time, It made me wonder if the email got delivered or not.
I think email auto-response is only sent once. Probably its technology limitation.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I think email auto-response is only sent once. Probably its technology limitation.
The Winnipeg office sends an auto-response every time. I think the easy answer here is it's IRCC and they do what they wish when they wish.

tmonde

Jul 10, 2017
The clerk will ask if you have any travel plans in the next 2 weeks. If you say yes and tell them why you need to travel, they should be able to send your certificate via Purolator within a week. They will also instruct you to send the proof of travel and any supporting documentation along with signed oath form after ceremony to expedite the certificate...and yes, you need to cut the PR card, the conversation begins with cutting PR card after verifying your ID's.

I had my oath on a Tuesday and received certificate via Purolator the following Monday from IRCC Niagara Falls office.
just to share my experience from today
(I am Niagara office too)

I was supposed to do my Oath today at 10:15 so I once I was put in 1 on 1 room with a clerk I explained the situation, told him about reason I’m travelling and provided the proof (plane ticket).

he said those are valid reasons to request fast processing of citizenship certificate but he can’t guarantee that I would still get it in time and it’s pretty much a gamble. What’s my decision

So I decided not to gamble and he told me to leave the zoom meeting and that I will be contacted (couldn’t tell when) about rescheduling the ceremony and providing proof to why I didn’t attend the first one.

my ceremony was today April 13th 10:15AM and flight is on May 7th 9PM

I was hoping since I have just over 3 weeks before my flight they would accommodate but unfortunately that wasn’t the case.

I’m a bit disappointed as I heard people would have their certificates sent out urgently for “lesser” reasons like vacations but I guess I’d rather wait few more months than stress out checking my mailbox every day see if it arrived.

good luck to whomever’s on a same boat

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015

I was supposed to do my Oath today at 10:15 so I once I was put in 1 on 1 room with a clerk I explained the situation, told him about reason I’m travelling and provided the proof (plane ticket).

he said those are valid reasons to request fast processing of citizenship certificate but he can’t guarantee that I would still get it in time and it’s pretty much a gamble. What’s my decision

So I decided not to gamble and he told me to leave the zoom meeting and that I will be contacted (couldn’t tell when) about rescheduling the ceremony and providing proof to why I didn’t attend the first one.

I was hoping since I have just over 3 weeks before my flight they would accommodate but unfortunately that wasn’t the case.

I’m a bit disappointed as I heard people would have their certificates sent out urgently for “lesser” reasons like vacations but I guess I’d rather wait few more months than stress out checking my mailbox every day see if it arrived.

There is no guarantee for anything. Thats just a statement to avoid any legal liabilities later. Even when I applied for passport, I heard the same statement and still received the passport same day. However, under normal circumstances you would get things done unless something very unusual happens. Anyway you are the one in a best position to assess your own risks. I'll leave it to you. Under normal circumstances, 3 weeks is ample time to get oath certificate and passport done.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi All,

i took the oath on March.04.2022 and file closed March.07.2022, still waiting for certificate, anyone have this sutuation?
80%
I got mine 2-1/2 weeks later
passport 6-1/ 2weeks
be patient

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

CIC oath coordinator always says that there is no guarantee so that you dont hold him/her accountable as like in all stages in every type of applications with great cic entity. So you shouldnt be taking it seriously as many have gotten it quickly and most are getting it in 2 weeks and within 3 weeks. For sure it will be tension till you received it for sure.

So, did you attend your oath or not?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Received the certificate today. Now to try to get an in-person appointment for a passport when I travel in 2 weeks. =(

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016

Took my oath just today (4/14) in Vancouver office as well. I sent the oath form right after, and I did receive an auto respond email shortly after.

• Love
Reactions: aacan