AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Yes but is that date accurate or there will be delays?
How long is the date from when you applied? I'll have to go this route too since I'm flying in April.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
I have my oath on 7th and might need to travel on 13th. Any suggestions if this is feasible in terms of receiving certificate / applying for express passport?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they ask for current passport at the time of oath ceremony? I need to get Indian passport renewed for my 15 year old kid & need to submit current passport along with application form. Decision on our application is also made a month back, so invitation may come for oath.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Do they ask for current passport at the time of oath ceremony? I need to get Indian passport renewed for my 15 year old kid & need to submit current passport along with application form. Decision on our application is also made a month back, so invitation may come for oath.
They don’t specifically ask to see your passport during Oath.

If you are expecting Oath soon, why would you want to renew your Indian passport?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They don’t specifically ask to see your passport during Oath.

If you are expecting Oath soon, why would you want to renew your Indian passport?
My family will be traveling in couple of months & passports are expiring before that. If oath is not scheduled before that then we will be stuck.

I had requested for early oath but there is no response from Mississauga office. Whereas for my spouse who had applied separately Scarborough office scheduled it immediately.

Reactions: akbardxb

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My family will be traveling in couple of months & passports are expiring before that. If oath is not scheduled before that then we will be stuck.

I had requested for early oath but there is no response from Mississauga office. Whereas for my spouse who had applied separately Scarborough office scheduled it immediately.
I'm sure you will get your Oath, the moment you submit those passports for renewal. This is how it happens :)

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
When you apply for a passport personally at service Canada, they usually give you a receipt which has a date of expected passport dispatch (for non express), has anyone's had any delays and they didn't get the passport weeks or month after that expected date?

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
When you apply for a passport personally at service Canada, they usually give you a receipt which has a date of expected passport dispatch (for non express), has anyone's had any delays and they didn't get the passport weeks or month after that expected date?
I read one story where someone applied express, and at the date of pickup was told their application went to secondary review. Not sure what that means, and what that entailed in terms of delay. I don't think this is very common though.

Reactions: cyberkodi

Ani999

Mar 30, 2022
Hi All,
I am waiting for citizenship certificate from past 2 months
Oath date : Jan 25
Case is closed : jan 27
Certificate: did not recieve yet
I tried to reach out to the same email where I sent oath form (sent 9 mails) didnt get any response
I submitted 3 webforms and 2 webforms already passed 40 days and no response
I am calling call center pretty much every day it ends up in auto response and hangs up. I was not connected to agent ever.
If anyone can provide any information about how to contact an agent or escalte my case is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ani

arpp12

Sep 18, 2019
Hello everyone, finally got my certificate.
Oath: Feb 18th
Application closed: March 2nd
Certificate received: March 30th.

How long does passport application takes?

Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: Kornet

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Hello everyone, finally got my certificate.
Oath: Feb 18th
Application closed: March 2nd
Certificate received: March 30th.

How long does passport application takes?

Best of luck to everyone
Hi, it will depends on how long you can wait for it. Regular processing may take a month but urgent 2 days. May I ask where was your certificated issued? I'm still waiting mine from Calgary office.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi All,
I am waiting for citizenship certificate from past 2 months
Oath date : Jan 25
Case is closed : jan 27
Certificate: did not recieve yet
I tried to reach out to the same email where I sent oath form (sent 9 mails) didnt get any response
I submitted 3 webforms and 2 webforms already passed 40 days and no response
I am calling call center pretty much every day it ends up in auto response and hangs up. I was not connected to agent ever.
If anyone can provide any information about how to contact an agent or escalte my case is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ani
I would suggest to wait another couple of weeks or another month. If it doesn't show up then go to your local MP's office. and see if they can help.