Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Like many others I'm waiting for my certificate to arrive. I noticed a few people in the comments above know when it was sent through mail. How did you find out about this? I would like to contact ircc to find out if the certificate has been sent yet. What would be the best way to contact them be? Email the same address we use to send the oath form or call them? My office is Calgary by the way. Thanks!

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Like many others I'm waiting for my certificate to arrive. I noticed a few people in the comments above know when it was sent through mail. How did you find out about this? I would like to contact ircc to find out if the certificate has been sent yet. What would be the best way to contact them be? Email the same address we use to send the oath form or call them? My office is Calgary by the way. Thanks!
Email is best way but it takes time. Phone is quickest but you have to keep trying. Only issue is that sometimes certificate is not sent and over the phone they tell you it was sent the day your application was closed but it is still worth a try.

Reactions: Lomi90

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I think they know mostly from the envelope when it arrives (they also can know by emailing them). Presumably, the sent date appears on the envelope.

Reactions: Lomi90

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Question: I read that if the mailbox is small, the mailman tries to deliver the certificate by hand, but what if I was not at home when he/she delivers it. What would happen in that case?

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
Question: I read that if the mailbox is small, the mailman tries to deliver the certificate by hand, but what if I was not at home when he/she delivers it. What would happen in that case?
They also leave a note and then you can pickup from the address provided in the note.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
They will drop a card and you sign for it.

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
I think they know mostly from the envelope when it arrives (they also can know by emailing them). Presumably, the sent date appears on the envelope.
I thought it is sent by mail when the oath is complete on the tracker, so go check your tracker

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Email is best way but it takes time. Phone is quickest but you have to keep trying. Only issue is that sometimes certificate is not sent and over the phone they tell you it was sent the day your application was closed but it is still worth a try.
When your application is closed if you don’t receive it within a week of that and that’s close to 6 weeks since your oath, I would email with attention to your agent

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Well it said I didn’t “opt to receive an electronic citizenship certificate”. So maybe it will only work for future applicants who can opt for electronic certificate. It will be a heck amount of work for IRCC to digitalize all previously issued certificates for completed and closed applications.
I tried to ask my agent about this during my oath, did not seem to know anything about it.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I thought it is sent by mail when the oath is complete on the tracker, so go check your tracker
Generally speaking, certificate getting sent does not seem to have any relation to application being closed or oath being marked competed.

I received my certificate about 2.5 weeks after oath was completed and application was closed. Some applicants received certificate before file was closed which might be a reason to worry as some of these had problems like certificate not showing up in the system when applying for passport.

So as we expect, IRCC has no rules or order of doing things. Amazing how they can make things stressful at even at this final step.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Not true. Some people have their files closed the next day of the ceremony, and the certificate dispatched 14 days after it's closed. Maybe the certificate goes to printing after the file is closed