+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS - January 2015 Onwards

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Jayl said:
Ah! Voila! This is from the CIC citizenship application instruction about providing proof of language proficieny. "If yes, send a copy of your diploma, certificate or transcript that shows you completed the program." Wouldn't it be weird if they only accept original transcript for education proof per say, and a photocopy of it for the language one?
Did you hear back about your citizenship App, did you get AOR ?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Noticed a discrepancy in the information provided on the CIC website, though i am not sure how big the repercussion could be. The address provided for sending application package by courier is little different on two webpages of CIC citizenship section.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-how.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Below are the screenshots which show the difference in address -

When i sent my application via courier i sent it to the address shown in second link i.e. Case Processing Centre, Sydney Grant Adults, 49 Dorchester Street , Sydney, Nova Scotia. B1P 5Z2

But when i see the courier confirmation page it says it was delivered to 47 49 DORCHESTER ST it's so weird...........lol

I thought i should share it with everyone...........did somebody else notice this ?

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
gst8486 said:
Did you hear back about your citizenship App, did you get AOR ?
haha i'm the one who forgot to sign the calculator page lol my package is supposed to arrive at CIC tomorrow.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Jayl said:
haha i'm the one who forgot to sign the calculator page lol my package is supposed to arrive at CIC tomorrow.
Ohhhk :) , i am glad you got it taken care of quickly, let's hope that things move faster for everyone !

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
Hello everyone so I had my application returned since it arrived on Jan 2nd and needed to include new fee. So i sent it back again and as per canada post it was recieved on 01 19. Now my question is to you, i heard there is people getting citizenship within 8 months!!!! And i am like wow i was getting ready to wait a year and a half or two lol. Are these people very lucky ones or is it almost everyone who is getting their application processed that fast. I am curious to know the actual delays since it says on CIC website that it takes 24 Months.

Anyways good luck to everyone and cross fingers i dont get my app back again please and thanks!!!!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
lyrical said:
Hello everyone so I had my application returned since it arrived on Jan 2nd and needed to include new fee. So i sent it back again and as per canada post it was recieved on 01 19. Now my question is to you, i heard there is people getting citizenship within 8 months!!!! And i am like wow i was getting ready to wait a year and a half or two lol. Are these people very lucky ones or is it almost everyone who is getting their application processed that fast. I am curious to know the actual delays since it says on CIC website that it takes 24 Months.

Anyways good luck to everyone and cross fingers i dont get my app back again please and thanks!!!!
Actually it depends on which province you applied from, e.g. in Saskatchewan it takes longer than Ontario, the reason is Saskatchewan doesn't have that many Citizenship Judges who could witness the citizenship oath ceremony, whereas in Ontario there are a lot more citizenship judges, that creates a difference of processing time by 4 to 6 months.

BTW which province did you apply from ?

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
I am applying from Montreal. Please tell me it's also fast lol

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
lyrical said:
I am applying from Montreal. Please tell me it's also fast lol
There are about 6 Judges in Quebec, 2 in Alberta, 1 in Saskatchewan and about 15 in Ontario, so based on that i would say definitely less than 12 months and more than 6 months............. :)

turnerpg

Jan 21, 2015
I have only been in Canada for 3 years and 7 months since arriving from the UK. Does that mean I need to include 5 months of uk work records to provide 4 years worth of work records?

Could be a problem. Anyone encountered a similar problem?

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turnerpg said:
I have only been in Canada for 3 years and 7 months since arriving from the UK. Does that mean I need to include 5 months of uk work records to provide 4 years worth of work records?

Could be a problem. Anyone encountered a similar problem?
You have to include your work record for these 5 months in uk. I did the same for me. I had to include 10 months work record from greece.

Cheers

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

Want to share a very exciting information whichwas shared by one of the members in another group, as per the below link the 1-step decision-making process to decide on whether to accept your citizenship application has already been implemented for 2015 applicantions.

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/citizenship-act-changes

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Hi,
I am in Ontario. Soon gonna apply for citizenship. I assessed my degrees from ICAS which is comparable to secondary education with 2 years of university education in Ontario.
The query is should I applied with Icas report and copies of degrees OR have to get english language certificate (ESL) (upto level 4 atleast).

Thanks in advance

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Citizenship Friends,
Waiting for my final Oath now @ Vancouver office. This is my timeline.

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 19, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
Thanks for sharing the timeline Mark_Anna and Congratulations :)