+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS - January 2015 Onwards

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
canada1234 said:
Hi,
I am in Ontario. Soon gonna apply for citizenship. I assessed my degrees from ICAS which is comparable to secondary education with 2 years of university education in Ontario.
The query is should I applied with Icas report and copies of degrees OR have to get english language certificate (ESL) (upto level 4 atleast).

Thanks in advance
As per the Citizenship Application guide you don't have to go for ESL because it says for English proficiency proof 'A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad' so i would say submit copy of your degree and ALSO it won't hurt to send your ICAS report too. As long as your medium of Education was English you are OK.

Citizenship Application Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E2

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi Citizenship friends,

I have applied on 22nd April 2014 for my citizenship. I did my test on 19th February 2015 @ Vancouver local office. They update my e-cas after I finish my test.

Now waiting for a big day? Oath taking.........Any idea........Please....

Thanks

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

All credits to those who initiated and maintained the database from where i picked the information.

Mohammad_AB

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Hi Everybody,

I am a Canadian Citizen but my wife will be eligible to apply in Nov 2015.

My question is regarding the new regulations that requires the applicants to have a 4 years residency out of 6 years:

1- Is there any date announced that after that the new law will be effective?
2- Does it apply to even the immigrants who landed 2-3 years before?

As my wife is going to start a university program in Buffalo, the answers to the above questions are very critical for us to decide if we need to get a place in US or in Canada close to the border.

I really appreciate your replies :)

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Mohammad_AB said:
Hi Everybody,

I am a Canadian Citizen but my wife will be eligible to apply in Nov 2015.

My question is regarding the new regulations that requires the applicants to have a 4 years residency out of 6 years:

1- Is there any date announced that after that the new law will be effective?
2- Does it apply to even the immigrants who landed 2-3 years before?

As my wife is going to start a university program in Buffalo, the answers to the above questions are very critical for us to decide if we need to get a place in US or in Canada close to the border.

I really appreciate your replies :)
1) No
2) yes

That is why a lot of people call it an unfair Bill

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Finally file moved to the 'In-process' category:

Below is the timeline:

Application received January 15, 2015.

AOR on March 3, 2015.

After 78 days of receipt of AOR, CIC Started processing application on May 20, 2015

Local Office: Saskatoon

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
After entering the data available in the spreadsheet, here is how trends show up. For Receiving to AOR the trends show that the time taken by CIC got reduced while nearing the end of January but for the AOR to In-Process the trends are all over.