+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Did they tell you why its non-routine?
Not really, I had to look online to find out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

Despite this, I do see people in the excel sheet who were requested to have their fingerprints taken, or received a questionnaire requesting extra info and still had their application processed faster. All what CIC told me is that since it's non-routine, it does not abide to the one year processing time, so it's a bit frustrating to know that we have no idea how long it might take now.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Not really, I had to look online to find out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5

Despite this, I do see people in the excel sheet who were requested to have their fingerprints taken, or received a questionnaire requesting extra info and still had their application processed faster. All what CIC told me is that since it's non-routine, it does not abide to the one year processing time, so it's a bit frustrating to know that we have no idea how long it might take now.
So thy asked you to submit rq and/or finger prints?

kalimorian

Jan 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 March 2011
Doc's Request.
In-Process 18 june, 2012
AOR Received.
24 june,2011
File Transfer...
24 june,2011
Med's Request
18 aug,2012
Med's Done....
28 aug,2012, line on e-case 10,sep,12
Passport Req..
PPR1 3rd Jan,13 PPR2 7FEB,13
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb,13
LANDED..........
soon
I received after my inquiry of a year to my file as below, as one can help me out what should it be the next step or anyone has a similar experience. I applied and received my file on 12 Oct 2017.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I received after my inquiry of a year to my file as below, as one can help me out what should it be the next step or anyone has a similar experience. I applied and received my file on 12 Oct 2017.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are happy to provide you with information that will help you understand the current status of your Application for Canadian Citizenship - Adults.

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga Ontario. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
  • The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
  • We recommend that you verify the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to you.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Same standard reply. The only other thing you can do is contact your MP. Even that might now help much. But give it a shot.

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi friends, please update

Wrote my test on October 16

Oath invite today for November 8.

Application received October 20 th 2017.

I wish the rest of you who are waiting will get yours soon!!

kalimorian

Jan 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 March 2011
Doc's Request.
In-Process 18 june, 2012
AOR Received.
24 june,2011
File Transfer...
24 june,2011
Med's Request
18 aug,2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb,13
LANDED..........
soon
Same standard reply. The only other thing you can do is contact your MP. Even that might now help much. But give it a shot.
The only other thing you can do is contact your MP. Even that might now help much. But give it a shot.[/QUOTE]??? what does that means?

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
Called CIC today as my application was received on Oct 19, 2017 by CIC.

Agent said that due date on my application is Nov 2018, so i should expect something in next few weeks. Not sure if that will happen though.

No test invite yet.

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013

Agent said that due date on my application is Nov 2018, so i should expect something in next few weeks. Not sure if that will happen though.

No test invite yet.
New kind of script ??

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011

No test invite yet.
That's interesting. Always wondered what they due date was, my GCMS due date is november 16, 2018

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012

No test invite yet.
Not sure if it was because of the call yesterday or due date in Nov, I received test Invite today for Nov 15.

I got AOR exactly one year ago today and test invite today.

Hoping to ace it and be get Oath soon after.

Last edited:

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
So I sent the webform this morning with a rant on how frustrating it is, blah blah...I receive a response 3 hours later assuring me that they're working on it and will resolve it asap.

kalimorian

Jan 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 March 2011
Doc's Request.
In-Process 18 june, 2012
AOR Received.
24 june,2011
File Transfer...
24 june,2011
Med's Request
18 aug,2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb,13
LANDED..........
soon
what should I do... and input from this forum.?

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
what should I do... and input from this forum.?

What reply you got ?